The Coffee Thread

:astonished:

So they pour the Bailey’s right into the cup while making the coffee?

I don’t think they know what “chocolate cherry” means. :grin:

You is just a terrible person

1 Like

When are we going to be able to do shots at the counter? (liquor not coffee).

I read this in Sascha Baron Cohen’s Ali G persona.

1 Like

ask the counterperson to give you the shot of Bailey’s separately and double-fist drink them :joy:

1 Like

This technique isn’t recommended on the first go.

Dude you needs to get layed…

I’d actually prefer a nice hot cup of chocolate cherry coffee.

1 Like

The healthiest way to make coffee is Filtered

2 Likes

Disappointing result. Maybe I’ll change

Hmm. I always use a French press, and my LDL levels are super low. :thinking:

maybe I missed it. Does it refer to a kind of filter?
I’ve enjoyed all kinds of coffee. I’ve seen it brewed many ways but never without a filter…

No filter used for espresso, French press, Moka pot, Turkish coffee, etc.

1 Like

I recall discussing this with you at some length a while back. You nearly had me switching to French press method. I was even looking at them at stores! I think I’ll stick to filter drip coffee machines. They’re convenient, and if this report on their health for brewing coffee is to be trusted, sounds like the way to go.

2 Likes

I’d say Turkish coffee and cowboy coffee don’t use filters. Espresso has a filter basket, and French press has a mesh screen, both of which act as a filter of sorts. What I think the current discussion is about is paper filters and their potential health benefits.

1 Like

This study has been done before, or at least the idea is not new. The paper filters capture some oil in the coffee which apparently jacks up blood pressure or cholesterol or some such. I don’t know though, these epidemiological studies, so many variables to control for, so much money/time invested and perhaps pressure to confirm a hypothesis.

I’m not putting away my moka pot any time soon.

Filter your water or use bottled but not all bottled.

Most of the stuff in the supermarket, like every other country I suppose, has been sitting around for months. In a pinch the other day I picked up the beans pictured below from PX, and was surprised at how relatively fresh they were. Looking at the bloom in my V60, I’d say about 3 weeks out of the roaster. This is consistent with the use by date of 25 May 21 which is typically 1 year on supermarket beans here.

There’s a fair amount of Indonesian in them, and they are roasted to more of an Italian “bar” type degree, no ashiness, actually quite a good cup. For the more old school crowd among us that likes body and chocolate in their coffee, not lemon juice. Hope this helps someone. Maybe @jimipresley?

4 Likes

Can you explain to me what this means ?

I have bought the Ethiopian beans from Mr Brown a few times (two for one discount ) and they are quite good. Usually I wouldn’t buy beans in the supermarket .

2 Likes