The Coffee Thread

Have been drinking coffee every day like forever. After watching the video below, I now wonder what it would feel like to stop drinking coffee.

I think, I will stop for a while just to find out. :slight_smile:

I’ve been drinking coffee daily since 1970 or so. I was a 2-liter a day man until three years ago; now it’s down to a half (usually).

I’ve had a few times where for one reason or another I had no coffee that day. Fortunately it didn’t bother me too much (no headache, not sick, nothing really). Probably pretty lucky, though.

Not sure why it seems to affect women more, but I have known a handful that were really sick if they didn’t have a cup first thing. I mean, they had had kids via natural childbirth, but were practically bedridden by noon if they skipped a day.

Like how many cups or grande lattes would you consider that to be?

I average four-to-five cups a day, all no sugar and no cream.

One 12oz cup before leaving the house, two more first thing at the office, two more before lunch, and one after. Mine were all black, too.

Call me crazy but this iced black coffee from 7-Eleven tastes extraordinary good this morning. I’m guessing they accidentally got the ratios exactly right.

I prefer this over Starbucks any day.

2 Likes

I had an Americano at Family Mart like that lately. Perfect

It’s the Shrimp Effect. Otherwise known as Lurve.

2 Likes

Had no coffee yesterday. Felt tired all day, but at the same time kind of excited about the prospect of finding out about the natural sleep cycle of the body.

1 Like

I’ve had some good latte’s at various Hi Life outlets.
Hi Life tea eggs are better than the rest, too.

Hardcore ex coffee drinker here
Quit cold turkey due to rapid heart rate

Felt suicidal and had headaches for weeks

It was coffee withdrawal
Man that’s scary
Now I don’t touch the stuff
Haven’t in over a year

Coffee is probably bad for you

But quit slowly

1 Like

stop when he said “the average person drink over 300mg of caffeine per day”. I found this.
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0278691513007175

“% Consumers are defined as the proportion of the population reporting any caffeinated beverage use for the respective category (e.g., coffee drinkers). Caffeine intakes for consumers represent the amount of caffeine consumed on average for all consuming occasions. Using coffee drinkers as an example, 55.3% of all caffeinated beverage consumers consume coffee and they consume on average 190.8 mg/day from coffee.”

“a [superfood] that reduces your risk of serious diseases like diabetes, heart disease, dementia and Parkinson’s, as well as a host of minor afflications, including constipation and premature ejaculation.”

One more cup please.

1 Like

Did you research reports that say coffee is good for you and your brain?

Yes, I have, I think drinking coffee in moderation is OK, good even. I am just curious how it feels to change that daily habit.

When I quit in my 20s, I got nasty headaches and felt like murdering people. When I quit again in my forties, I just felt a little sleepy for a day or two. I think it’s because my circuits were basically fried from long-term coffee use.

I can validate that, a day without coffee in my 20s was far more painful than it is now 20 years later. I think all your senses dull as you age. Depressing really.

The best thing about coming off it is that first coffee when you come back on it again.

4 Likes

Maybe it protects against coronavirus too?

Either too much or too little coffee will protect you as nobody will want to go near you.:sunglasses:

3 Likes

Family Mart has deal from now til March 10 for a tie-in with Valentine’s Day:
Bailey’s (yes, alcohol) Chocolate Cherry Coffee: second cup only 10% of price.
Normal cup is NT$99, so 2 cups should be NT$109.

2 Likes