The Coffee Thread

Not as bad as that, surely?

3 Likes

Has @rooftopclown hacked the Dr’s account? :rofl:

Guy

2 Likes

Oh Lord no. These lunatics are already in a murder spree.

1 Like

Was curious like a cat, so found this:

2 Likes

Worse things have happened… :clown_face:

2 Likes

Coke is okay though right?

I do not know, would a cat even drink it? Meow-Meow only eats meat and water. (Not even fake meat, I once tried give a street cat vegi-burger patti as it looked hungry and did not eat it!)

Mine used to try his best to get to it but as coffee, it is not healthy and may lead to health complications.

Cats are obligatory carnivores.

1 Like

Yes, they are like dogs so wonder why would drink coffee.

My older ones would get their noses and paws on everything I drank.

1 Like

haha, they like you a lot

I picked up a bag of that Japanese cold coffee that has been in Costco forever, expecting it to be terrible…but it’s really not. Something like $200 ($300) for 40 bags that taste better than any cold coffee I’ve bought in a café in recent years.

2 Likes

This stuff? Interesting. Is it mixed with cold water, or made with hot and then iced?

https://www.costco.com.tw/Food/Drinks/Coffee-Tea/MJB-Cold-Brew-Coffee-18G-X-40-Count/p/126788

I actually use the 3-in-1 Barista latte for iced coffee - mix it with half a cup of hot water, fill with ice for the rest. Not great, but to fill an insulated mug that I nurse for a few hours (especially when teaching), works well.

https://www.costco.com.tw/Food/Drinks/Coffee-Tea/Barista-3-IN-1-Rich-Latte-21G-X-100-Pack/p/56879

1 Like

Yeah, that’s the coffee.

Instructions say that you either toss in ice cubes then refrigerate for an hour or simply refrigerate for four hours. I’ve never tried the former (ice cube route) and have been tossing a pouch in a bottle, filling with water and leaving in the fridge overnight.

1 Like

Lavazza

Been through a few Lavazza ground coffees lately that are available in supermarkets. Not really a fan of any of them.

• Club - like, nothing special, little flavor, best tried of Lavazza
  • Crema e Gusto Classico - don’t like, drinkable, but no flavor
  • Tierra - don’t like flavor

2 Likes

Someone with Nescafe’s Gold Blend or maybe another please try this and report back.

3 Likes

It seems easier just to brew some coffee!

2 Likes

There was a Japanese barista that won the brewer’s cup at WBC a few years ago. He had this complicated 4:6 brewing method. If you look it up the brewing instructions sound rather sage like. Haven’t heard of it since though.