The Coffee Thread

[Off-topic aside]

Damn I like some of their teas!

Of which Breeze were you speaking?

Guy

7 now has strong latte and Americano options. I am pleased.

1 Like

I used to have a coffee machine with a timer, so I could use with alarm in the morning and wake up to the smell of a fresh brew. I have recently gotten a smart speaker and I’m thinking about a compatible coffee maker down the road…

These days I use a french press, but I time it such that the kettle goes on as soon as I wake up, and it just needs a pour when boiled and a few minutes to brew before pressing and drinking (I have a nice flask if there’s still coffee when I’m out the door). It helps that most days I don’t have to go anywhere

2 Likes

Colombia Hueila is available for 80 NTD at Louisa, a good choice.

It is a good solution, but I would have to get a grinder with a timer too.
I get my coffee in beans…

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Coffee loving forumosans: there is a very strong likelihood that the price of our precious beans will be rising in the upcoming year. This informative video from WSJ explains why:

Guy

4 Likes

Oh, well a few more dollars each day I guess. Not nice but I will pay.

That’s exactly what the folks appearing in the WSJ video say.

The bigger challenge long term is the viability of growing Arabica beans as temperatures around the world continue to climb…

Guy

Ordered ice coffee in a pastel colored coffee shop.

Received this for only $160.

2 Likes

Nice way to spend a Sunday!

Guy

Looks great ! But I still prefer hot coffee for the taste.

2 Likes

Actually it was quite nice. It had some mint added to it and just a nice slow drinking coffee.

1 Like

2Lq9OvJ

Mint and coffee?!

3 Likes

Interestingly I didn’t hear them mention coffee tree “rust”, and all the issues they’ve been having with that. Although I think this video was more focused on commodity grade coffee. Didn’t realise it was so expensive in the States to begin with.

1 Like

First time hearing mint and coffee, normally tea and mint

1 Like

I’m gonna let you in on a little secret

Everyday, once a day, give yourself a present
Don’t plan it, don’t wait for it
Just let it happen
Could be a new shirt at the store

A cat nap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot, black coffee

1 Like

Why not both?

Or you could give your cat two cups of good, hot, black coffee. It’s always good to add a little spontaneity to your life.

4 Likes

Judging by the volume of posts lately a lot of forumosans are treating themselves every day, maybe multiple treats a day.

2 Likes