The Coffee Thread

:heart_eyes:

If you have a chance, let us know about it.

Guy

1 Like

It’s very good! Rich, slight bitterness, earthy. The characteristic sourness of CA coffees, but not overpowering. I use a French press and drink it with milk.

1 Like

l don’t enjoy coffee without milk, even if it’s top quality. :blush:

1 Like

I won’t reject it outright, but I prefer it with milk!

1 Like

I’ve been to quite a few coffee places where l didn’t dare to ask for milk to not out myself as the unsophisticated coffee drinker that I am.

2 Likes

Yeah if they do that vacuum bit it’s not really kosher.

Syphon! Yes best enjoyed black. :grin:

Guy

2 Likes

I generally can’t stand milk in coffee, personally. It’s cheating. :upside_down_face:

(Though the coffee in this picture looks far too weak, too.)

2 Likes

I’m on that white line somewhere :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nah, it’s not a competition, right? You don’t eat soup without salt, do you?

I actually add butter and salt too. The aroma and flavor is still there, and the coffee becomes more creamy and less bitter.

I was hesitant to try in the beginning, but now that’s how l drink it most of the time.

If I have to I’ll drink the worst airplane coffee black, and with a smile on my face. It’s as much of a need as a like

1 Like

Not so much a matter of drink or not but of enjoyment or not, I get headaches if the caffeine supply chain is disrupted.:exploding_head:

1 Like

Maybe try a Moka pot or grinding a bit bigger?

1 Like

My first step (just finished) was to sort through the beans to remove the hollow, broken, or otherwise problem ones. I’d estimate about a third of the bag ended up in the rubbish bin.

Given the (lack of) quality control at the roasting end, it’s remarkable I was able to eek out a bit of sweetness from this coffee in my morning pourover. :upside_down_face:

Guy

The Thai coffee collection I’m about to lug back to Taiwan. Should last a good couple of weeks. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

With your support of OK Lao (with its coffee farm in Laos), and the expansive Thai collection assembled above, you have certainly shown your love of coffee from continental SE Asia and its highlands!

Guy

2 Likes

@Andrew should have quite a few productive weeks on that. That reminds me, time to make a cup myself.

2 Likes

Rocket fuel to blast through the lunar new year! :grin:

Guy

2 Likes

Thailand is producing some excellent beans these days. I was pleasantly surprised last time I was in Chiang Mai. :+1:

3 Likes

IMPOSTER!

4 Likes