The Community Spirit

I’m gonna get all weepy on yo’all asses.

I’ve been going through a bad patch of late, a very dark place, and want to extend my gratitude to forumosans (many of whom I unfortunately haven’t met) who have reached out to me. The kindness, advice and good wishes that have come my way have been overwhelming. I won’t mention any specific names. You know who you are.

Anyway, my point is that although we may sometimes disagree and vehemently argue, this is a wonderful place for making life-long friends. People who will come through for you in times of dire need; who extend their hands above and beyond the call of duty.

Those of you who invited me out, gave me referrals, offered to drive me around looking for a new abode, and generally gave selflessly of their time, Jimi can’t thank you enough.

Thank you, forumosa!

You are SUCH a girl…

Yep, Chiefmeister, sure is. And if he’s going to talk like a girl, perhaps we should dress him up like a girl.

Jimi,
Sorry to hear you’ve been under a cloud. And you’re right about the community spirit; there are lots of good people on the boards. I’ve always felt that this forum works best when it combines the online and real-life worlds.

Yep, Chiefmeister, sure is. And if he’s going to talk like a girl, perhaps we should dress him up like a girl.

[/quote]

I think he’d enjoy that too much.

XXX, jimi.

I’m in agreement. Besides being a nice place to have a little fun arguing, this is a great place to make new friends and get a bit of support.

HAWT! Throw him in a dress, put lipstick on and I am there!

So, jimi, now you know my # and I know you are going to the Pearl thing, call me. I’m bringing a mumu.

[quote=“jimipresley”]I’m gonna get all weepy on yo’all asses.

I’ve been going through a bad patch of late, a very dark place, and want to extend my gratitude to forumosans (many of whom I unfortunately haven’t met) who have reached out to me. The kindness, advice and good wishes that have come my way have been overwhelming. I won’t mention any specific names. You know who you are.

Anyway, my point is that although we may sometimes disagree and vehemently argue, this is a wonderful place for making life-long friends. People who will come through for you in times of dire need; who extend their hands above and beyond the call of duty.

Those of you who invited me out, gave me referrals, offered to drive me around looking for a new abode, and generally gave selflessly of their time, Jimi can’t thank you enough.

Thank you, forumosa![/quote]
If there’s something that would cheer you up, make you feel better, etc., that I can bring you from the States, let me know. I’m leaving Friday and I’m back next month. (I’ve got a nearly full bottle of Tylenol 3 from Canada… LOL)

People here have been really nice to me, too, so let me pile on my weepy-eyed thanks as well. Now I need to go get on the MRT to see you all at Daniel Pearl, even though it looks depressingly like rain.