The Conspiracy Theory Thread

This is on now

Bold moves!

okay.with.this

fify

@CTaitung why is your avatar now the BLM? Are you a Cory Gardner fan?

donā€™t know him/her.
Long ago, I said the only BLM that I know is Bureau of Land Management.
A much nicer and gentler acronym, one might say.

Thought maybe it was a statesā€™ rights thing. Cory Gardner is the Senator from CO whose only accomplishment is moving the BLM HQ to CO apart from being a sycophant for Trump. The latter being the main reason is he down 9 pts and the most vulnerable senator.

Both BLMā€™s have support in CO, one for equality the other for free camping. :wink:

Well, all senators try to pork-barrel federal departments to their states. Look at the dead KKK senator Byrd from W. Va. (D) who was the king of pork barrel for such a small populated state.

You kinda have to be a narcissist to be a conspiracy theorist, because youā€™d have to think that you, one of billions with internet access, are special in the sense youā€™re unique enough to use that tool to ā€˜see the truthā€™.

Theyā€™ve always existed, it just used to be a more high effort exercise, combing through newspaper articles etc. Now thereā€™s a much lower bar of access for the desktop narcissist to show how smart they are.

Goes hand in hand with internet and how it enables narcissism on the whole, FB, instagram, whatever. Theorists are really just another kind of special snowflake who exist in the social media realm.

Thatā€™s the worst article Iā€™ve seen in a long time. I know Dailymail is renowned for its trashy tabloid journalism, but this article is low even by their standards.

Did you google ā€œConspiracy theory narcissistā€ and post the first result?

Hereā€™s a direct link to the University of Ken article.

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf/10.1177/0963721417718261

Interestingly the university article was funded by CREST ā€œCentre for Research and Evidence on Security Threatsā€ who are predominately funded by ā€œUK security and intelligence agenciesā€ Ā£7.23 million.

Actually I saw it referenced on tv and wanted to share it. I tried to find the best article that summarized the point in the title because many posters refuse to click links

What happens when you fall down the rabbit hole, and victim of right wing fear/paranoia media.

It takes itā€™s toll on the mental health of the particularly vulnerable. It can even land you in professional trouble, like Caputo, if you let it take over.

So if you find yourself thinking like Caputo, maybe time to take up gardening, or another healthier hobby.

1 Like

Itā€™s what happens when you put a delusional paranoid into a position of power.
He appoints someone like Caputo.

Iā€™m not convinced the right-wing has a mental health problems more than the general population.

Iā€™d be more concerned about leftistsā€™ mental health, especially among LGBT and gender dysphoria groups who tend to have higher suicide rates.

I have to admit, The Donald doesnā€™t seem all that sick.

So, what Reggie be saying is COVID-19 is to Donald Trump what the rubber bullet was to CSB just before 2014 election?

It takes a lot of guts willingly to be shot with a rubber bullet.

Bruised guts.

By the way, thereā€™s another conspiracy theory that someone crashed the Rose Garden ceremony to infect everyone. Impossible to prove or disprove, which makes it a perfect conspiracy theory.

2 Likes