The Conspiracy Theory Thread

I actually have my own conspiracy theory that Brits are by nature on some deep subconscious level more comfortable with the idea of rule by tyranny and prefer a status quo with small groups of unaccountable elites due to their history. It seems built in.

What to you think?

There was a time all liberals were deeply suspicious of an over reaching state apparatus, books like Orwell’s 1984 were considered good reading and an omen of what might come to pass.

I think due to partisan interests you are no longer able to separate objective reality from partisan politics.

It’s a shame, this at a time China is exerting pressure over HK to submit to it’s authoritarian tendencies, their only concern in the land of the free is Drumpf. 24/7, impeach him again is what I say, let the names of Pelosi, Nadler and Schiff live on in infamy for centuries to come.

1 Like

Really? Because if we’re breaking it down to that level I think you’ve completely insulated yourself from reality with a coccoon of fake news. You have no idea what is going on in the US, the version you present is an utter fiction found in blogs.

Then, like you, they got older, ended up with good paying jobs and insulated themselves with right wing dogma and enjoyed the tax cuts

Let’s get something clear: China = Trump. America = Hong Kong.

Dont get it twisted. You know precious little about my country and nothing of what most Americans think and feel here outside of the right wing netosphere. That is not America. I wish you’d talk about British politics. I’d like to learn about that more.

My kids teacher died today. That was kinda the main headline.

I am sorry to hear that.

Aaaaand with that, I will sign off, I’m sorry, you have strayed too far into the realm of absurdity to even fathom how to formulate a response, have a good day and sorry for the loss of your kids teacher.

…get elected? :idunno:

The revolution is a conspiracy theory away grasshopper

I couldn’t find a Qanon thread… So I guess this fits here.
The FBI has already labeled them a terrorist organization.

@Mick I remember you talking about Qanon on one of these threads. Coincidentally, the BBC played a short document that I caught this week. Do you know if some people are like half in, or do most believe all of it? Or is it just a source to get info like you mentioned.

This part really stood out to me.

"At its heart, QAnon is a wide-ranging, unfounded conspiracy theory that says that Donald Trump is waging a secret war against elite Satan-worshipping paedophiles in government, business and the media.

QAnon believers have speculated that this fight will lead to a day of reckoning where prominent people such as Hillary Clinton will be arrested and executed."

Not much happens on QAnon, there have been about 5 tweets, or posts, or links to some twitter feed in the last week. It’s not at all like CNN where it’s 24/7.

I use it as an eye to what goes on with the chans, take it with a big spoon of salt. But some topics are worthy of thought, did it appear more than coincidental that Julian Assange’s lockup occurred at just the same time Mueller released his report?

I hate coincidences.

1 Like

looks like Qanon has infiltrated to Congress!

Facebook is doing some serious housecleaning

Facebook this week took down one of the largest QAnon conspiracy theory groups on the platform over harassment and misinformation violations, a Facebook spokesperson told Reuters.

The 200,000-member group titled “Official Q/Qanon” was taken down on Tuesday after several posts were removed for violating Facebook’s guidelines on bullying and harassment, hate speech and false information that could lead to harm.

Facebook did not immediately respond to an inquiry from The Hill.

Last month, Twitter banned thousands of QAnon accounts on its platform as part of a crackdown on the conspiracy theory groups. A Facebook spokesperson told Reuters they are following suit and strengthening their own enforcement against the groups.

Qanon question at Trump’s presser.

He doesn’t know about them but he thanks them for their support.

Then this happened:

1 Like

He definitely knows something about them or else he wouldn’t say they love our country.

And this from your article:

“Not because of Trump, who is generally a voice of sanity”

Is there anyone that takes that statement seriously? If he was the voice of reason this virus would’ve just disappeared by now.

Oh I don’t read them much anymore…just go to the data or source. They are good at providing the source link. They have definitely gotten a bit overblown of late and they come of as strongly partisan unlike when they were young, honest and poor struggling Conservative lawyers. I’ve brought it up before, when linking to Powerline. The head guy is a mid-tier regular on Fox’s white man’s opinion late night shows.

ps: Yeah I checked, JOHN HINDERAKER is the head guy and he wrote this piece.

Kind of smug partisan dickhead right?

He drives them crazy. I think he does it mainly on purpose.

When those who hate you are melting down publicly, you’re on the right track.

Here’s how I see it.

“Trump is the voice of sanity”

I believe you.

“Trump doesn’t know what Qanon stands for”

Believe you even more.

“Trump doesn’t know who David Duke is.”

Thrice the believing happening now. :sweat_smile:

Is he still alive?

You forgot Miles Taylor, the former Homeland Security chief of staff Trump said he never met, until the picture of them giving a big thumbs-up together emerged

I forgot to post that one actually. But that’s just another day for orangeman, never having met anyone. It’s best when he’s never heard of universally known crazy, and racist organizations.