The Conspiracy Theory Thread

Death must have been a blessed relief after living all those years on a planet with an average IQ one-third of his own.

2 Likes

Why is Trump replying to a May 31 2019 random post with the hash tag WWG1WGA ?

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1262958841219682307

“According to a new Yahoo News/YouGov poll, 44 percent of Republicans believe that Bill Gates is plotting to use a mass COVID-19 vaccination campaign as a pretext to implant microchips in billions of people and monitor their movements — a widely debunked conspiracy theory with no basis in fact.”

Should probably go to the funny pictures topic instead. Always amazes me how big of a percentage the stupid people portion of a population can be.

1 Like

I see a QAnon believer has won the Republican nomination in Oregon- guese they couldn’t find anybody else.

QAnon observer sounds more accurate.

She said some people may take the posts as gospel, but she said she doesn’t agree with everything she sees there.

From the story:

In the now-deleted video, Perkins held up a sticker promoting a QAnon slogan – “Where we go one, we go all” – and said, “Thank you anons. Thank you, patriots.”

More:

Instead, the posts show that Perkins has publicly embraced QAnon for months, and she is closely familiar with the group’s lingo and ideologies.
…
On one of these videos, Perkins commented into the livestream on YouTube: “Good morning fellow #PatriQts T-1.”
…
"I am thankful for the AnonDecoders and the Q Team for their hours of work to shed light on the Swamp Rats that are destroying our great country…

https://www.wweek.com/news/state/2020/05/23/jo-rae-perkins-social-media-posts-show-she-has-embraced-qanon-since-2019/…"
In her file for nomination she also showed links to #WWG1WGA and #GreatAwakening, both QAnon sites
QAnon observer? She’s a fully committed nutcase who has been trying to squirm into Republican politics for a long time. Since the Republicans couldn’t find anybody prominent to run as a sacrificial goat against the popular Merkley, she manged to squeeze in. She is not representative of all Republicans, and the party establishment is clearly unhappy, but they’ve decided to stick with froot-loops rather than bringing down the wrath of extreme alt-right conspiracy nuts.

2 Likes

Happens with Democrats- indeed, all major parties in every country. You get a safe seat where no-one from the mainstream wants to offer themselves up for slaughter, thus allowing a wacko to slide through and grab the nomination. Then the party has to decide whether to denounce them and soothe respectable opinion , or reluctantly endorse so as not to offend any crazy supporters the candidate might have, there or elsewhere .

I don’t know anything about her, except to say I can watch the transformers movies and enjoy them without actually thinking alien transforming cars from another planet are real. Or watch Spiderman and learn something from the plot without thinking a guys is shooting spidy webs and swinging around a city.

Or to put in a more easy to relate circumstance, Rachel Maddow has millions of viewers but in a court case argued recently, no one is to expect she is accurately reporting the news, rather it is understood as the judge in a recent case she won says.

“Maddow’s show is different than a typical news segment where anchors inform viewers about the daily news,” states the opinion. “The point of Maddow’s show is for her to provide the news but also to offer her opinions as to that news. Therefore, the Court finds that the medium of the alleged defamatory statement makes it more likely that a reasonable viewer would not conclude that the contested statement implies an assertion of objective fact.”

Or maybe if you would like to apply the same yardstick we can call all Rachel Maddow viewers “nutcases” for expecting objective news coverage instead of entertainment, exaggeration, hyperbole and biased opinions.

And she’s the official Democratic candidate where? There are better examples of the actual situation, usually in safe seats for the opposing party- I’m sure there are actual Democratic candidates out there, though usually not for such a prominent seat.

That’s a little harsh. I think more charitably it means as talking heads giving opinions and forecasts the viewers know that’s the case. They could sue the weatherman next otherwise…

And if Ms. Perkins said she was spouting off science fiction, she could say anything she wanted- though I’m glad you agree that her positions are as realistic as Transformers and Spiderman movies. I would hope for a little more from somebody running for one of the highest elected offices in America for one of the largest political parties, but these days…

1 Like

Not really, because I quoted her as saying

but she said she doesn’t agree with everything she sees there.

Which means she doesn’t see QAnon as some infallible truth teller, he spreads conspiracy theories and I would guess doesn’t give them much weight, but where is Rachel Maddow so different? She spent nearly 3 years spreading rumours of a Russian collusion to which most sane people saw as nonsense the moment the Steele dossier was printed.

1 Like

Would you pu-leeez stop with this? This just isn’t true.

What part of that is untrue?

Pretty much the same as the last several times we’ve been around on this topic.

‘spreading rumors’ is a distortion.
Rumors of a Russian Collusion is a distortion
To which most sane people saw as nonsense presumes sanity on the part of Trump apologists and their absurd reading on the Russia situation nobody gives creedence to anymore except his delusional brainwashed base
The majority of people in the US want an inquiry they never got regarding the Russia situation.

You can repeat that it was all a hoax 1000 times. That makes it true for Trump apologists. Only. Not for sane people.

I can easily make the claim that anyone sane understands the US colluded with Russia. The difference would be there are facts to back that up. Any further discussion refer to the Muller report only please.

Oh we haven’t forgotten about Mueller. They knew the dossier was garbage by the latest in January 2017 yet started the Mueller probe based on it months later.

But anyone reading that would know it was garbage on first reading, there was a State dept. person whose name I would need to look up who was getting briefed at the time and wrote down a few bullshit claims in real time.

Some of the documents being declassified now, would have been declassified 3 years ago, except Mueller made that impossible, any declassification would have been called obstruction and would have been cause for impeachment.

But that was the point of Mueller, he was the obstruction. He was also the tool to go after anyone associated with Trump, they did so in many instances illegally, like fascists and people in the media like Rachel Maddow empowered them.

Hate Trump all you want, it doesn’t change what can be objectively observed.

1 Like

I don’t hate Trunp. Con men can only succeeded if people let themselves get conned. His supporters are to blame at this point. Fool them once…

Dude, you make a past time out of hating the guy, you post on here all day every day twisting his words to say something he didn’t say.

Have fun, but there would be plenty to criticize the guy without making stuff up. “He said drink bleach” “he said Nazi’s were good guys”, why parrot demonstrably false talking points?

I couldn’t care a less about the guy one way or another, can’t vote or do anything about him, wouldn’t suggest to Americans what they should do, that’s up to them, just offer an unbiased opinion on the ongoing status of things.

1 Like

I don’t hate him. I’m reporting what he is doing to fuck up at his job because he’s the president of the US and his shitty decisions affect my personal family and professional life directly. Not sure if you just saw the post in the Morgue where my kids elementary school died. 100,000 and counting.
his idiot economic schemes have barkrupted the US just like Trump Steaks and Co, an economic depression and all the stores are closed. I cannot believe you continue to push the idea that his critics are making things up about him, or that anyone believes him on anything after 18,000 plus lies.

Let’s repeat, he’s lied 18,000 times since this debacle started. Would you trust someone with your money that lied to you 18,000 times and bankrupted everything he touched and let 100,000 people die on his watch?

I dont and haven’t. I present facts about his shitty regime and substantiate them with evidence.

Status of things: 100,000 plus dead, no vaccine, economy in shambles, blaming everyone else, robbing America blind. I don’t want my tax money going to Jared Kushner. Do you? I think you hate deep state and all that etc