The COVID humbug thread (2021 edition)

Phycological games continue:

Great to see protests in Greece and France.

Apparently teenagers in the UK are calling the jabs the ‘clotshot’.

Those injured by the clotshot - is there anything being done for them?

Imagine that.

Nice to see les grenouilles out on the streets doing what they do best. Those cheese-eating surrender monkeys could teach the Brits a thing or two about growing a backbone, I reckon.

3 Likes

!0 years ago and the people said no to a national ID. Now, many don’t mind covid apps/certificates/passes that are much more intrusive. What has happened in the UK?

I think the difference is that with the national ID situation the government hadn’t taken away all one’s basic freedoms - to work, travel, enjoy nature, go outside your home, not have a mask on your face 24/7 and so on.

First you break people down, then they’ll agree to anything.

1 Like

The female Tony Blair telling the serfs to trust the government to tell the truth. CCP gives a thumbs up.

On hospital admission in the UK:

And Sweden is looking nice this time of year:

Meanwhile in Spain:

Good to see this in tyrannical Australia:

As well as Greece:

In the UK, they gave the middle classes ‘furlough’ to placate them.
Had they not, there could have been a bigger revolt. Also those on benefits got extra money.

2 Likes

I have mentioned about the hospitals being relatively empty last year a few times. I know a few people who work in hospitals and they were embarrassed by the clapping.

1 Like

Boris Johnson, April 12, 2020: “The NHS saved my life…I will be grateful to them for the rest of my life.”

March 4, 2021:

OT again (sorry), but which falls of Russia and China are you referring to? The fall of the USSR was foreseen c. 1980 by those among the Americans who were really paying attention (as I’ve noted before), and before the USSR came into existence Russia had already fallen from its imperial height anyway. As for China, which dynastic fall are we talking about, and does it in any way disprove Lin Yutang’s 800 year cycle theory?

I was referring to the “revolutions” that began in 1917 and 1949 respectively and went rapidly downhill over the next 10-20 years. They were sparked in the same way (the brainwashing of the lower middle classes), involved similar techniques (the invention of largely-mythical enemies and cult-like controls on behaviour) and the participation of the masses in dystopian coercion (eg., the various repressive State Organs in Russia, and the ad hoc flash mobs meting out punishment in China).

I’m pretty sure you won’t see any parallels at all between now and then. I’m just clarifying the point I was making, which is that things can turn to shit in the blink of an eye given the right social alchemy. It hasn’t happened yet. But the ingredients are there.

Yeah, I mentioned my reports from my niece a few times : hospitals empty, people being turned away “because of COVID”, and nobody being “overloaded”. In fact doctors were being furloughed along with everyone else. I’ve no doubt one or two badly run hospitals in the worst-hit areas of the country were a shambles. Most weren’t.

It was complete and total bollocks. But of course, comes the retort, it would have been so much worse if the UK hadn’t locked down for 15 months :roll:

1 Like

Freedom Day?

My mum was giving me similar reports from on the ground. It’s “Freedom” as decreed by IngSoc.

The basic problem, as he said, is that everyone is now a gibbering wreck. They’re not thinking rationally and they’ll carry on enforcing all the stupid rules on behalf of Big Brother. It’s genius, really. I’m slightly worried that if I do make it back, I’ll be either assaulted or prevented from going anywhere by the COVID Taliban if I dare to take off my mask or confess to being one of the heathen unvaxxed.

2 Likes

In a suburb of a major UK city, I have not worn a mask in a couple of months. I have not been asked once.
No-one in the post office or bank or shops asked or seemed to care.
I was not the only one mask less.

1 Like

Interesting. I’m getting conflicting reports here. Apparently gyms will be open soon but the gym owners will be at liberty to make up whatever silly rules they want about masks, distancing, number of people, etc. I suppose ultimately people will vote with their feet and gyms that are too restrictive will end up losing business … or not, depending on how many people want to “feel safe” and how vocal they are.

The problem as I see it goes something like this: the live-and-let-live folks aren’t going to care who wears masks. They’ll just avoid pubs and stores that impose paranoid rules. But the fearful will make a lot of noise about the “selfishness” of others. Which suggests that the fearful might ultimately end up imposing their will upon the rest even if there are very few of them.

Yep. If the hurdles are too onerous I won’t bother. Plenty of gyms all over. In fact, I may end up skipping gyms altogether. Lockdown has forced me to create my own workout. Night time is good, as where I live I can run and ride with no one around, no mask police.

That’s always the way it is :slight_smile:

Basiccommon sense dictates you only buy phones with removable batteries. This is just one of thousands of good reasons why. It is why i make a point of asking sales agents in every store i go, which phone has a removable batteries. Even im just fixing a phone, or the wife is doing something. I go look, ask, and tell them (when they say we dont have any that have battery removals) thats om, i will buy from: insert that stores competitors names. We owe it to ourselves to do these basic steps to let companies know the market needs.

Jacinda Ardern reminds me of the woman from Snowpiercer.
She gives me the heebie jeebies.

Thia is hilarious…

Australian ‘science expert’ discussing what is a high-risk venue and why:

“Gyms are, bars disproportionately are [high risk], because it’s crowded, people are shouting, there’s music, there’s alcohol, * and you’re in each other’s face for quite a while,” he says.

First of all, I never seen anyone slinging back a cold one at the gym.

Secondly, no doubt some music is certainly viral but I’m pretty sure no one will get COVID from listening to Nickelback.

*Drinking alcohol and listening to music are not factors that increase your risk of getting COVID.

1 Like

:thinking:

I take it you mean 1917 and 1949 respectively were “the beginning of the end”, not that they were when the two countries were at their heights.

It still doesn’t work though: both countries had long, slow declines before the further declines of the 20th century that you find so shocking. The point (here) of Lin’s analysis is that in each ~800 year cycle of Chinese history, it’s not a slow climb to power followed by a sudden catastrophe but exactly the opposite – the whole country (more or less) is unified under a new regime and holds together for a while, then slowly but surely unravels through bigger and bigger crises until it’s so chaotic that the stage is set for another new regime. He explained this in the 1930’s, including the fact that the cycle he was in was not quite finished yet, and evidently he was correct.

As for Russia, was its golden age not in the late 18th and early 19th centuries? That would mean it also spent a long time declining before the 20th century guys had a chance to do their thing (not as long as in the Chinese case but still several generations).

I won’t argue that those events had no basis. Clearly, good reasons existed for people saying “this is ridiculous; it can’t go on”. However, when that state is reached, there are not many people who think: “I’ve got it! Life sucks for the majority right now, so what we need really is a system that sucks so bad people are either grateful for even being alive, or wish they were dead! That will solve everybody’s problems!”. While people might well have been thinking “this can’t go on”, most of them (surely?) didn’t envisage that particular outcome?

You would think the aim of overturning a malfunctioning system would be to replace it with one that works even marginally better. Doesn’t work out like that, though. And once the decision is made to replace the old order - which might well have been in a state of senescence for decades - it generally takes less than a decade to reack rock-bottom. Same sort of thing with the French revolution, and indeed with various African countries at indepenence.