The cult of real estate ownership

Oops, slightly delayed reply.

Very little maintenance so far, which may have been a mistake on our part - I wouldn’t be shocked if there are maintenance costs piling up. Some tiles lifted off the floor and we had to get those replaced - maybe it was 10,000 for a rather shabby replacement job of the affected area? (It was that or 100,000+ for a full replacement with different tiles of the whole apartment, necessitating moving out for a while; process partially described in this thread, and goddamn too much of my life is on this website.) That’s about it, but more tiles are now creaking as we walk over them, which has me suspect there’s a bigger and more expensive fix in the near future.

And usual costs with furniture, fridge replacements, installing air conditioners, etc. Our previous rented apartment had been only partially furnished, so we already had a fair bit of furniture to move in with, which reduced the initial costs a bit.

I’d love to have one of the bathrooms redone (like another forumosan described in this thread, hopefully with less hassle!), but I keep delaying that expense because I’m worried our floors are going to be a massive expense and hassle at some random point in the future.

2 Likes