The Daily Show Thread

I see that more and more of us are posting youtube shorts.

This thread is for Jon Stewart’s Daily Show, a fave of mine.

youtube.com/watch?v=iI-jlbyD … ed&search=

An interview with Kurt Vonnegut.

Quote: “It’s sad to see that you have lost your edge.” --Stewart to KV

:bravo: :bravo:

I love that ornery old bastard.

Two funny men.
Here’s Vonnegut’s list that didn’t make it into the segment:

LIBERAL CRAP I NEVER WANT TO HEAR AGAIN

* Give us this day our daily bread. Oh sure.
* Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us. Nobody better trespass against me. I'll tell you that.
* Blessed are the meek.
* Blessed are the merciful. You mean we can't use torture?
* Blessed are the peacemakers. Jane Fonda?
* Love your enemies - Arabs?
* Ye cannot serve God and Mammon. The hell I can't! Look at the Reverand Pat Robertson. And He is as happy as a pig in s**t.

When they fired Craig Kilborn and hired Jon Stewart, I was a little skeptical. After watching the first Daily Show with Jon Stewart, however, my mind was quickly made up. I seriously wished I had access to every single episode of the Daily Show since I left the US. I bless my jet lag for my ability to watch the Daily Show when I go home. I think I need a moment of daily zen right now. See you all on youtube!

A classic: the report on Cheney shooting incidence. If for nothing else, the “simulation”. Duck Hunt has never been funnier.

youtube.com/watch?v=zR24vl1FLm8

“Hey, did you see where I put my thermos? Ow! Damn, bitch!”

Oh yeah…and The Great Gov. Bush vs. Pres. Bush Debate:

youtube.com/watch?v=7q4FD9dd … ed&search=

Jdsmith, you naughty little monkey… you’re letting your liberal tendencies show…

I like to keep them where they don’t much matter. Humor is a good place to suspend belief for a bit and laugh.

As for Vonnegut, that bastard has been gutting presidents and adminstrations since before I was born. Nothing personal against Bush I’m sure. lol

I like to keep them where they don’t much matter. Humor is a good place to suspend belief for a bit and laugh.

As for Vonnegut, that bastard has been gutting presidents and adminstrations since before I was born. Nothing personal against Bush I’m sure. lol[/quote]

Vonnegut’s been gutting presidents since before my grandma was born.

[quote=“jdsmith”]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iI-jlbyDf0k&mode=related&search=

An interview with Kurt Vonnegut.
[/quote]

That was hilarious! Except that NO one that old should have that much hair.

I love the Daily Show. I’m on the floor rolling everytime I see it. Of course here in Taiwan that’s next to impossible. I heard it was on CNN on Saturdays or something. I checked the website one day, found the time on the scedule, sat down in front of my TV excited to watch an episode and no Daily Show. Anyone ever seen it on CNN? Anyway, I get my fix with you tube these days. Thanks for the links everybody.

You JUST missed it; it was on 11:30pm - 12 m. :stuck_out_tongue:

Check out this thread. From what I have heard :angel: it might be able to help you see the Daily Show, Colbert Report, South Park, and perhaps others.

Yeah, it used to air on CNN at like midnight each Sunday. If I remember, it was 30 minutes of highlights from the week past. The program was directed at a North American, expat audience but presented as an international version of TDS.

Oh, yeah, it’s highlights from the whole week. And it often gets preempted if there is breaking news or something major on.

Go onto comedycentral.com and then to the Daily Show thread. I’m glad they got rid of the guy who did his reports by staring at the teleprompter. Not sure if that was supposed to be a part of the joke, but watching his pupils scanning the text just below the camera lens as he gave his report (including the dialogues with Jon) was both dizzying and annoying.

Stephen Colbert rocks, being one of the original members of the Daily Show. I’m glad they had the smarts to give him his own program. I am constantly wiping away tears watching clips from his show.

The best is when the people start to catch on that they are being mocked. No, actually the best is when they don’t catch on that they are being mocked. :smiling_imp:

Oh, and it’s starting again right now, Sunday night, 10:30pm on CNN.

Bush was just on Wolf Blitzer saying that when the history books are written this Iraq episode will “look like a comma.” What’s your bet that line will be on next weeks Daily Show?

:laughing: Yeah, maybe a COMA! Of the Presidency! :loco:

BTW, I wish to say for the record that I shall enjoy it just as much when Jon Stewart and crew rip into the flaws and failures of the next (Democratic) president. Unfortunately, they probably won’t have as much material to work with… :stuck_out_tongue:

Jon Stewart interviews Pakistani president Pervez Musharref.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmtgRS10Vvk

The best - Stephen Colbert and Jon Stewart losing it on camera about Prince Charles. Absolutely hilarious. A true classic.

youtube.com/watch?v=uqgrw5Z- … %20show%20

Welcome back Kissinger!

I was hoping for a parody of Welcome Back Kotter, considering the era that both Kissenger and Kotter shared…

I haven’t seen this on CNN in Taiwan recently – have they canceled it or moved the time slot?