The Daley O'Bama: Terrorism Pays

Chicago…it just never changes does it? Daley Sr. helped JFK get elected by allowing the dead to vote and his son is now protecting Obama by sealing access to the records of the Chicago Annenberg Challenge, which show that Barack Obama and 60s Radical William Ayers were political allies.

Obama is a true bonafide hypocrite. A reformer? No. Just more of the same Chicago corruption we’ve seen since time and time again from Capone times, through Daley Sr., and now with Daley Jr. and Obama. I think we’ll hear quite a bit more on this one.

More on this story at the Chicago Daily Observer.

I’ve got a documentary on The Weathermen on my hard disk at home, I think it’s the PBS one. What’s interesting about Bill Ayers is that he’s never renounced the Weathermen’s tactics

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Ayers … since_2001

[quote]Ayers was asked by an interviewer for the PBS television program Independent Lens, “How do you feel about what you did? Would you do it again under similar circumstances?” He replied:[22]

Trouble is, the links between him and Obama are a bit tenuous.

Mind you I think the Chicago connection is an absolute goldmine for the GOP if they are looking for dubious ‘friends of Obama’

This guy for example -

barackbook.com/Profiles/TonyRezko.htm

gop.com"

So it’s not like McCain is technically doing the nasty negative stuff :slight_smile:

Obama’s gotten this far without anyone finding any substantial dirt on him. And it’s not like nobody’s looking. You gotta think that if there was something, somebody would have found it by now. Probably ought to stick to the ridicule strategy. Ha, tire guages.

“Obama’s gotten this far without anyone finding any substantial dirt on him.”…nominated for Classic Comedy Posts status… :bravo:

Chicago Annenberg Challenge Shutdown?

A cover-up in the making?

By Stanley Kurtz

The problem of Barack Obama’s relationship with Bill Ayers will not go away. Ayers and his wife, Bernardine Dohrn were terrorists for the notorious Weather Underground during the turbulent 1960s, turning fugitive when a bomb — designed to kill army officers in New Jersey — accidentally exploded in a New York townhouse. Prior to that, Ayers and his cohorts succeeded in bombing the Pentagon. Ayers and Dohrn remain unrepentant for their terrorist past. Ayers was pictured in a 2001 article for Chicago magazine, stomping on an American flag, and told the New York Times just before 9/11 that the notion of the United States as a just and fair and decent place “makes me want to puke.” Although Obama actually launched his political career at an event at Ayers’s and Dohrn’s home, Obama has dismissed Ayers as just “a guy who lives in my neighborhood,” and “not somebody who I exchange ideas from on a regular basis.” For his part, Ayers refuses to discuss his relationship with Obama.

Although the press has been notably lax about pursuing the matter, the full story of the Obama-Ayers relationship calls the truth of Obama’s account seriously into question. When Obama made his first run for political office, articles in both the Chicago Defender and the Hyde Park Herald featured among his qualifications his position as chairman of the board of the Chicago Annenberg Challenge, a foundation where Ayers was a founder and guiding force. Obama assumed the Annenberg board chairmanship only months before his first run for office, and almost certainly received the job at the behest of Bill Ayers. During Obama’s time as Annenberg board chairman, Ayers’s own education projects received substantial funding. Indeed, during its first year, the Chicago Annenberg Challenge struggled with significant concerns about possible conflicts of interest. With a writ to aid Chicago’s public schools, the Annenberg challenge played a deeply political role in Chicago’s education wars, and as Annenberg board chairman, Obama clearly aligned himself with Ayers’s radical views on education issues. With Obama heading up the board and Ayers heading up the other key operating body of the Annenberg Challenge, the two would necessarily have had a close working relationship for years (therefore “exchanging ideas on a regular basis”). So when Ayers and Dorhn hosted that kickoff for the first Obama campaign, it was not a random happenstance, but merely further evidence of a close and ongoing political partnership. Of course, all of this clearly contradicts Obama’s dismissal of the significance of his relationship with Ayers.

This much we know from the public record, but a large cache of documents housed in the Richard J. Daley Library at the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC), is likely to flesh out the story. That document cache contains the internal files of the Chicago Annenberg Challenge. The records in question are extensive, consisting of 132 boxes, containing 947 file folders, a total of about 70 linear feet of material. Not only would these files illuminate the working relationship between Obama and Bill Ayers, they would also provide significant insight into a web of ties linking Obama to various radical organizations, including Obama-approved foundation gifts to political allies. Obama’s leadership style and abilities are also sure to be illuminated by the documents in question.

Cover-Up?
Unfortunately, I don’t yet have access to the documents. The Special Collections section of the Richard J. Daley Library agreed to let me read them, but just before I boarded my flight to Chicago, the top library officials mysteriously intervened to bar access. Circumstances strongly suggest the likelihood that Bill Ayers himself may have played a pivotal role in this denial. Ayers has long taught at UIC, where the Chicago Annenberg Challenge offices were housed, rent-free. Ayers likely arranged for the files of the Chicago Annenberg Challenge to be housed in the UIC library, and may well have been consulted during my unsuccessful struggle to gain access to the documents. Let me, then, explain in greater detail what the Chicago Annenberg Challenge (CAC) records are, and how I have been blocked from seeing them"[/i]…excerpt[/quote]

Notice the name…ANNENBERG…as in Factcheck.org…An ANNENBERG FOUNDATION PROJECT.

oh…and then there’s this bit…

How many buildings did Bill Ayers and his wife try to blow up?

Nice video there…:smiley:

I’ve got that Dan Rather feeling. :liar:

Of course only to a point. Unlike Rather, none of the Right’s pundits are ever held accountable for their errors. In other words, no one really takes them serious; they just confirm prejudices. Occassionally they are correct but that is beside the point.

UIC has now reversed itself.

[quote]UIC library reverses course on Obama documents

Annenberg Challenge information will be released Tuesday

Tribune staff report, 9:17 PM CDT, August 22, 2008

Documents related to U.S. Sen. Barack Obama’s service for a nonprofit education project started by former 1960s radical William Ayers will be released Tuesday from an archive at the University of Illinois at Chicago library, the university announced.

UIC said Friday it will make public its archive of documents from the Chicago Annenberg Challenge in the library’s Special Collections Department. The Chicago Annenberg Challenge was formed in 1995 to fund education reform initiatives in the city.

The university’s Richard J. Daley Library had refused to release records of the project, which had put Obama, the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee, in contact with Ayers, who now is an education professor in Chicago.

The university said it had determined after an inquiry into the circumstances surrounding the gift that it has legal authority to allow public access.
[url=http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-obama-library-both-23aug23,0,6077865.story]Chicaga Trib[/url[/quote]

Thoroughly ‘scrubbed’ I’m certain.

Notice the ‘ANNENBERG’ connection here?

FactCheck.org is an ANNENBERG PROJECT… :bravo:

So nice I had to use it twice!
“Obama’s gotten this far without anyone finding any substantial dirt on him. And it’s not like nobody’s looking. You gotta think that if there was something, somebody would have found it by now.”

[quote]Bill & Barack’s Excellent Adventure
Aug 22, 2008, By Thomas Lifson

William Ayers, unrepentant terrorist and education professor, is once again being tied to Barack Obama in the public mind. Controversy builds over the withholding of the archives of the Chicago Annenberg Challenge, an expensive failed school reform effort headed by Obama and effectively run by Ayers, held by the library of the University of Illinois Chicago. Researchers who have gained access to a few documents recording the history of the project have found strong evidence of a very important working relationship between the two men on the project, Obama’s sole claim to executive experience.

Oddly enough, even though the project produced no measurable improvement in student performance according to its own final report, educators and administrators – participants and grantees of the CAC – were reported by outside monitors to be often “ebullient” about the activities. For insiders, it was an excellent adventure. For the pupils stuck in the failing public schools of Chicago, an ongoing, unrelieved disaster.

Obama and his campaign long have gone out of their way to downplay, in fact distort, the long and evidently deep relationship between Ayers and Obama. In the Philadelphia Democratic debate last April, George Stephanopoulos asked Obama about his relationship with Ayers, and the candidate responded:

[i] "This is a guy who lives in my neighborhood, who’s a professor of English in Chicago, who I know and who I have not received some official endorsement from. He’s not somebody who I exchange ideas from on a regular basis.

"And the notion that somehow as a consequence of me knowing somebody who engaged in detestable acts 40 years ago when I was 8 years old, somehow reflects on me and my values, doesn't make much sense, George. [....]

"So this kind of game, in which anybody who I know, regardless of how flimsy the relationship is, is somehow -- somehow their ideas could be attributed to me -- I think the American people are smarter than that. They're not going to suggest somehow that that is reflective of my views, because it obviously isn't."[/i]

Almost two months earlier, the “neighbor” talking point campaign manager David Axelrod introduced the notion that Obama and Ayers were mostly just neighbors, telling The Politico’s Ben Smith,

“Bill Ayers lives in his neighborhood. Their kids attend the same school,” he said. “They’re certainly friendly, they know each other, as anyone whose kids go to school together.”

Ayers and his wife are in their sixties, while the Obamas are in their mid-forties. Ayers’ children are all adults, while Obama’s children are currently 10 and 7. Axelrod’s prevarication is telling, bespeaking confidence that nobody in the media will bother to dispute an obvious falsehood.

“Flimsy” turns out to be a completely misleading word when it comes to characterizing the Obama-Ayers relationship.

Notwithstanding the campaign’s efforts to direct attention away from Ayers, a 527 group, American Issues Project, has just released the following ad tying Obama to Ayers, and says it is spending 2.8 million on television airtime in key states. <—click link for advert.

Despite the legally questionable embargo of the CAC archives, most of its tax returns and official evaluations of the CAC have already been made public. In the hands of intrepid bloggers such as Steve Diamond, Tom Maguire and Dan Riehl, there is already proof of Obama’s extensive involvement with Ayers over the course of his chairmanship, and an emerging picture of Obama’s indecisiveness and absence when serious problems needed leadership.

Barack Obama joined the CAC shortly after William Ayers and Anne C. Hallett received news that their letter of November 8, 1994 submitting a grant proposal to The Annenberg Challenge had been approved. They were to get as much as $49 million from Annenberg, plus tens of millions more dollars from other foundations. Obama’s involvement predates by months the actual incorporation of the CAC and his appointment as founding chairman of the board. He came on board almost as soon as the proposal was approved.

How on earth did a relatively unknown associate at a politically-connected but small Chicago law firm come to be entrusted with the heady task of handing out tens of millions of dollars of other people’s money?

Keep in mind that Obama was at this point in his career very undistinguished considering his pedigree. It would be a kind understatement to say he had underperformed his academic resume. Three years out of Harvard Law and the Law Review Presidency, [b]here is a short list of some of the things Obama had not done:

Clerked for a US Supreme Court Justice (or any Federal Judge);

worked in an important legal position at any level of serious responsibility;

written a law review article or note or published anything of legal substance.[/b]

As of 1995 Obama may have had the most professionally empty resume of any President of the Harvard Law Review three years gone from “The Law School.”

And yet Ayers gave him a gig that would enable him to hand out large amounts of money to many people in Chicago, who could be expected to be grateful, once Obama ran for office – as he was to do later that very year, in an event held at the home of Ayers and Dohrn.

Quite clearly, Obama was already well-enough known and trusted by Ayers to be offered the sensitive, prestigious and highly visible post of chairman of this important new undertaking. So we must ask, when did Obama and Ayers actually first get to know one another? And how did they come to trust one another?

One possible connection between Ayers and Obama was Sidley Austin, the prestigious Chicago law firm where Obama had a summer job after his first year at Harvard Law School, and where he met his future wife Michelle, assigned to him as a mentor. Also working at Sidley Austin was Bernadine Dohrn, wife of William Ayers, and a fellow Weather Underground terrorist. Given the shared “progressive” politics of the three, they probably knew one another and associated together at a firm known as a white shoe corporate practice.

Or Obama might have met Ayers even earlier, during his stint as a community organizer on the South Side of Chicago, in fact. Ayers was a well-known and very active figure in left wing Chicago politics, and might have encountered the young, articulate, Ivy League educated rookie black radical Obama, working in a Saul Alinksy spinoff.

We soon will know much more about the period of collaboration between Obama and Ayers following the start of the CAC. Even if the archives continue to be withheld from public scrutiny, the cat is out of the bag with the documents available to all. The formidable analytical engine of bloggers trading insights and new data is warming up.

But the period prior to 1995, the time when Bill and Barack, the terrorist and the presidential aspirant, got to know one another and build the relationship of trust, is one excellent adventure likely to remain obscure.
americanthinker.com/2008/08/ … ventu.html[/quote]
The comments are exceptionally good for this article.

Hmmmmm… :ponder: …The UIC ANNENBERG Papers have been released for public viewing.

Youse just don’t under stand da Daleys… :slight_smile:

Each of those quoted bits offers little more than speculative commentary, provocative labels and hypothetical conclusions based on something the authors admit they haven’t yet even seen. “Circumstances strongly suggest Ayers may have played a role in the denial…” BS.

Blah blah blah … maybe these guys should attend one of the highly regarded other Annenberg programs, like the journalism programs at USC & Penn, among others… I’m pretty sure they teach real journalists to report on the facts and not open themselves to potential libel/slander suits from those they prejudge in print.

About the only part worth giving credence to is that Ayers is unrepentant about his own actions 40 years ago, when he did some bad things for which he should’ve served prison time. However, we all know he’s not the only radical in education (UColorado jackass what’s-his-name?).

I’m sure he’s only one of thousands of felons out there currently working all over the country, probably alongside some future politician fresh out of school who doesn’t know what effect his new job will have on his political career more than a decade later.

It’s soooo hard, I should resist but it’s about Chicawgo

It is speculative commentary, but especially with regards to the Tribune, they KNOW what they are speculating about. Chicago politics is notoriously filled with corruption, otherwise called Da Machine. I wouldn’t disregard the posts because they don’t have hard cold facts. It’s like saying Jimmy Hoffa ain’t really dead because there’s no body…

sjhuz01 -
Trying to re-write history with your evasive opinions?
If there is a mistake please cite evidence showing do. I sincerely would like to see it.
Dismissing the Obama-Ayers link is not a productive thing to attempt.
Ayers is a convicted felon? I did not know that.
The ANNENBERG factor in this is relevant to the vetting being done for Barrys’ run for POTUS - Hillary! is going to run this at the top of the flag pole.
Agree about the amount of full-bull loonies in academia. The fruit of that is indeed bitter for society.

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]sjhuz01 -
Trying to re-write history with your evasive opinions?
If there is a mistake please cite evidence showing do. I sincerely would like to see it.[/quote]Please don’t commit the same mistake of making baseless accusations and using inappropriate modifiers to critique others’ comments… That’s exactly the kind of thing I’m talking about.

What was in any way “evasive” about what I said? How could I “re-write” anything when the facts haven’t been revealed?? My entire point was that the facts of the Obama-Ayers relationship haven’t yet even been examined! Yet the “reporters” you quote are attempting to write history before they even know the details of the situation they’re trying to describe!! Instead, they resort (as you just did), to ad hominem attacks and character assassination.

That does not make for good journalism, although it is sadly becoming the norm for most of the world…

The FACT, as is obvious from the text you kindly provided, is that people who claim to be in the mainstream media are passing judgment and making character assessments of a presidential candidate based on speculation and items not seen. Do you dispute this?

Evaluating this link is wise. However, the media’s goal should (ideally) be to provide the facts objectively so that the voters can draw reasoned conclusions. Just because “it’s Chicago” doesn’t automatically mean there was corruption, nor does location absolve the “Fourth Estate” from their responsibility to report the truth. Perhaps you’ve been affected by Taiwanese media for too long? :slight_smile:

[quote]Ayers is a convicted felon? I did not know that.[/quote] Didn’t say “convicted,” but anybody directly involved in attempting to blow up people & property is a criminal, especially if they admit it, whether they went to jail or not. If you prefer, replace “felon” with “criminal.”

The point isn’t that this story is irrelevant, it’s that it isn’t finished, but is being treated as a foregone conclusion (as many have complained about the election itself). The point is that the blogs & speculative crap floating around are just people who enjoy listening to themselves talk.

Hillary is done for this year. Her making anything of this, or otherwise damaging Obama’s campaign, will result in a McCain victory. I think she’s willing to hold her tongue to see a Dem in the White House and smart enough to know she’d only screw things up at this point.

[quote]Agree about the amount of full-bull loonies in academia. The fruit of that is indeed bitter for society.[/quote]I think this speaks to my initial point: lack of integrity and professionalism in education, journalism, politics, or any other profession leads to premature decisions, irrational conclusions, and perhaps unfair/inaccurate portrayal of the facts. All are bad for a supposedly “democratic” society.

If it actually turns out that Obama supports such radical ideology, then the effect of that disclosure on his campaign will be justifiable and based on the facts, rather than on speculation and fear-mongering. That’s the way the U.S. system SHOULD work …

I thank you for giving me something to read and ponder for a while this afternoon. :bow:

sjhuz01 -
The Obama - Ayers relationship is no secret. Its been documented for quite a number of years. Its hard to understand that you are not accepting this. If you chose to not read the information - start with the Chicago Tribune if nothing else - then there is nothing ‘baseless’ at all in my comments.Reporters and political commentators/pundits on both sides of the aisle acknowledge his long relationship with Ayers. Its records their collaboration on various programs during and after Barrys’ ‘community activist/organizing’ days.

Reporting facts or ‘passing judgment’ - I guess it depends on what side of the road your are on. Again, there’s really no doubts about this Ayers/Obama connection. If you chose not to see this then your analysis of the situation will suffer from lack of complete information.

As to expecting the media to be an objective force in just reporting without bias…well good luck Candide.
And the ‘its Chicago’ observation is very very very true. Unbelievably true. Corruption is so deeply ingrained there that it is a fact-of-life to be reckoned with in every aspect. Know anything about the position of ‘Alderman’? The Chicago Trib is right now doing a 5 part story on Alderman and their relationship with property developers…Read it and weep. Now magnify that to every part of life in the city and you’ll begin to get an idea about corruption in Chicago. Barry is a product of this machine (as its known). How else do you think a lightweight empty suit like him gets the nod for a run at POTUS? His sterling records of legislative achievements? His world-class network of foreign leaders? His accomplishments in running a large corporation? His accomplishments in running a state? His legacy of involvement in…?
Lots of room for speculation.

The Thin Man, Obama’s slender record.

Barack Obama’s Sole Article in Harvard Law Review Promotes Abortion…a topic that stating to bite Barry very hard.

I think Biden was a good choice for his VP slot. But again, I doubt Barry had very much to do with that…
We’ll see. Its going to be fun to watch.

Factcheck.org did a thing of some of the Rezko stuff.

[quote]Rezko Reality
August 22, 2008
McCain misfires as he attacks Obama’s home purchase.
Summary
On the defensive over the extent of multiple McCain homes, the GOP candidate strikes back. But his TV spot gives an oversimplified and misleading account of how Obama bought his own $1.6 million house in Chicago.
The ad says Chicago power broker Tony Rezko got “political favors” including “$14 million from taxpayers.” But there’s no evidence of any connection to the Obama home purchase. The $14 million was to build apartments for low-income seniors. Obama wrote a letter supporting the “worthy” project, but both men say Rezko didn’t ask for the letter.
It says Rezko “purchased part of the property [Obama] couldn’t afford.” Rezko’s wife did buy an adjoining tract but later sold the land at a profit. Obama paid market price for his home.[/quote]
As usual, tenous associations get overblown.

[quote=“Dr. McCoy”]Factcheck.org did a thing of some of the Rezko stuff.

[quote]Rezko Reality
August 22, 2008
McCain misfires as he attacks Obama’s home purchase.
Summary
On the defensive over the extent of multiple McCain homes, the GOP candidate strikes back. But his TV spot gives an oversimplified and misleading account of how Obama bought his own $1.6 million house in Chicago.
The ad says Chicago power broker Tony Rezko got “political favors” including “$14 million from taxpayers.” But there’s no evidence of any connection to the Obama home purchase. The $14 million was to build apartments for low-income seniors. Obama wrote a letter supporting the “worthy” project, but both men say Rezko didn’t ask for the letter.
It says Rezko “purchased part of the property [Obama] couldn’t afford.” Rezko’s wife did buy an adjoining tract but later sold the land at a profit. Obama paid market price for his home.[/quote]
As usual, tenous associations get overblown.[/quote]

His wife sold a piece of that land to Obama, which he has said was a “mistake”. Obama and Rezko

[quote]
U.S. Sen. Barack Obama expressed regret late Friday for his 2005 land purchase from now-indicted political fundraiser Antoin “Tony” Rezko in a deal that enlarged the senator’s yard.

“I consider this a mistake on my part and I regret it,” Obama told the Chicago Sun-Times in an exclusive and revealing question-and-answer exchange about the transaction.

In June 2005, Obama and Rezko purchased adjoining parcels in Kenwood. The state’s junior senator paid $1.65 million for a Georgian revival mansion, while Rezko paid $625,000 for the adjacent, undeveloped lot. Both closed on their properties on the same day. [/quote]

Factcheck.org has already been discredited as a reliable source of information re:Obama and his history.

“Georgian revival” mansion? He deserves to lose the election just for that.

Oh but it’s nice looking, it’s the shurbs that need to go.

[i]"Continuing to follow up on what can be learned of Barack Obama’s tenure as the Chairman of the Board of the Chicago Annenberg Challenge (CAC), evaluations of the program during his tenure available on line demonstrate that in his only real executive test, Barack Obama was a dismal failure squandering millions of dollars on education programs which had basically no real effect. They also strongly suggest Obama’s claim that un-repentant terrorist Bill Ayers is just a teacher who lived down the block is an outright lie. The structure and tone of the CAC, addressed in the documents, leave a strong impression the two men had to work together closely over a number of years. Also, as copies of CAC internal documents were given over to the evaluators, any notion that they now shouldn’t be immediately shared with the public is an absolute farce.

Given Obama’s significant lack of experience, aside from any Ayers connection which Stanley Kurtz continues to pursue, it’s doubtful he’d want America to learn any details behind his obviously failed performance during the one time he was expected to perform as an executive in the real world.

Obama began his CAC board chairmanship in early 1995, and stepped down from the chairmanship in late 1999, though he remained on the board until CAC phased itself out of existence in 2001.

These evaluations cover precisely that period of time. At some points the criticism of the organization Obama led is scathing, particularly as it was primarily tasked with giving away millions of dollars…"

"Reading through the documents gives the impression that as Chairman, Obama did little more than assist the most Leftist of activists in shuffling around millions of dollars, often to themselves in their own misguided initiatives, few if any of them producing real results. In fact, in many people’s minds, they were never even designed to.

Obama as chair didn’t even have the foresight to appoint an Executive Director until some two years on - and then it was only done in response to concerns from others, including the Annenberg Foundation itself. One portion of the document claims they gave money away so fast and so early, the effort may have been doomed from the start - all while Obama was Chair.

Another portion of the document demonstrates that a full two years in, relevant independent, concerned members of the education, political and business communities in Chicago didn’t even have an effective idea what the challenge was about when asked by evaluators. But that didn’t stop Obama and CAC from handing out cash to someone, apparently.

When those independent interested parties were asked what it was they believed the Chicago schools needed most, they generally responded in practical terms - improved test scores, better grades and improved overall performance. But the CAC didn’t see those things as relevant. It was more focused on fuzzy-headed, presumably liberal ideals expressed as “time, size and isolation” - yet, said ideals were never more properly defined, making it impossible to even know what it is they set out to accomplish through spending all that cash. Is it a wonder Obama and his fifty million had absolutely no impact at all?"[/i]
CAC Doc Drop: Obama Has More Than Ayers To Worry About Now

And some people want to turn this guy loose with the US treasury. Obama had $50 million to play around with but the money did not measurably improve student achievement. It does not speak well of his management skills.

More evaluations relevant to Obama’s apparently incompetent work as Chair are available on line through the Consortium on Chicago School Research at the University of Chicago.

Go get 'em Barry… :unamused: