The dark side of Fengshui

I already posted an image about the cut down 30-40 year old tree along the route of my morning exercise …
More precisely, it’s near a newly extended temple … now, one of the fengshui ‘experts’ consulted came to the conclusion that the tree was growing in the direct way of good luck :astonished: … imagine, a tree that’s about 50-60 meters from the temple would bring bad luck to the families that would pray at the temple … :s

This was a completely healthy tree, about 50 cm in diameter … how can someone still believe in the moronic fengshui …

The temple is a little (10 meters) to the right from the edge of the image …

1 year repeated 3000 times.

Idiots.

I would like to find someone that could put a voodoo spell on the temple for the cutting of the tree … :slight_smile:

At least be honest like other people do and simply say ‘I cut it down because it was spoiling the view’.

There, fixed that for ya. :wink:

In many ways I think feng-shui is completely bogus. One of the reasons for my dim view is that if feng-shui is supposed to dictate the placement of furniture and buildings, etc., then WHY THE HELL are there motorcycles blocking the doorway to my building? And why the hell do people blindly round corners and crash into each others? And why the hell do neighbors stack all kinds of shit in the stairways of buildings? Is that “feng-shui”? No, it’s “fang-bien.” So that explains it: “fang-bien” over “feng-shui.” Every time.

Sorry… that’s “each other” without the “s.”

Taiwanese are just not great users of space. I mean, they do function in a terribly crowded environment without killing each other, but my criticism come in part from observing the Japanese, who live in a crowded environment but never seem to step over the line and impose on those around them. Products are designed to be not only small but streamlined to “fit” where they need to fit. Likewise, Japanese culture seems to place value on such non-offensive coexistence much more than Taiwanese culture.

There, fixed that for ya. :wink:[/quote]

I know of other people who say ‘I cut it down because it was spoiling the view’, but I don’t know of other people who say ‘I cut it down because it was in the way of the planned temple extension which would allow us to expand our business by x amount’. :laughing:

Ahh, now I understand why they just butchered - I mean pruned - the trees in the local park. :raspberry:

sigh…/Users/kat/Desktop/park trees.JPG[/img]

Here’s a better picture so you can understand and see with your own eyes that the tree was really in the way of good fortune …

[quote=“Buzzardo”]Sorry… that’s “each other” without the “s.”

Taiwanese are just not great users of space. I mean, they do function in a terribly crowded environment without killing each other, but my criticism come in part from observing the Japanese, who live in a crowded environment but never seem to step over the line and impose on those around them. Products are designed to be not only small but streamlined to “fit” where they need to fit. Likewise, Japanese culture seems to place value on such non-offensive coexistence much more than Taiwanese culture.[/quote]

Remember when the TAoyuan airport only had this rope that indicated no going beyond that area to welcome arriving passengers? Well that kind of rope barrier would work in Japan but not in Taiwan. Not long after the airport police got the full fledged aluminum wall to keep the public from crowding too near the arrivals door.

Japanese are more expert at social control and controlling group behavior. The Taiwanese are not as adept. However, Japanese are higher stressed in their daily lives perhaps then the more individualist TAiwanese? The Taiwanese are much more lawless but much more enterprising.

We Chinese people are very love the nature. You see our National painting, our 5000 year Mountain Water painting!! Do you know? We is Nature loving people.

That’s why we cut down every tree we can and cover it all with concrete. But we can make concrete looking like bamboo, like tree furthermore like fish and animal. I tell you, we love it~ the Nature.

[quote=“psalmanazar”]We Chinese people are very love the nature. You see our National painting, our 5000 year Mountain Water painting!! Do you know? We is Nature loving people.

That’s why we cut down every tree we can and cover it all with concrete. But we can make concrete looking like bamboo, like tree furthermore like fish and animal. I tell you, we love it~ the Nature.[/quote]

Right … :s

It’s just an excuse to make an extra parking spot in this case. Feng Shui (as I know of it; I’ve been reading up about it) principles would probably welcome a tree (earth) in the midst of all that ashpalt and white lines (too much metal) . Also, good feng shui would have a water feature somewhere around as well.

Just boring Taiwanese industrial Temple Design at it’s best. Most of them are crap anyway.