The Donald J Trump Redemption Thread

Ah how cute democrats are now concerned with overreach by the FBI/DOJ regarding political interference.

Of course they ignored about 4 years of FISA abuse, but now something happened to a Democrat, OMG that can’t possibly happen.

So to remind everyone, the problem with FISA on Carter Page that gave FBI/DOJ access to everyone in Trumps orbit is that it was based on Clinton Oppo research which on the face of it was absurd and turned out to be absurd, which they knew was absurd.

In this case, we have limited information. We don’t know the predicate. I would suggest the Democrats open an inquiry, except I suspect like the one on Lafayette Park recently, I doubt they will like the results as was the case for the Lafayette Park inquiry recently released.

Do Democrats believe Adam Schiff wasn’t a massive leaker?

The fact that he was investigated shows the systems works. Note how he has essentially disappeared from the news. Hibernation mode.

So corrupt that his own investigations found nothing substantial enough to remove him.

I saw him on CNN yesterday.

Schiff is such a sleazy politician, while also being one of the most influential.

I think he lost some shine when he couldn’t deliver Trump’s head on a platter.

Not to Democrats it would seem.

Well, they seem impressed when people stand in front of other people and scream, so…

and Schiff thinks it a terrible abuse of power when the feds investigate a politician? Ha. So, how about Comey and Carter Page and Trump and his team…how about Flynn? This guy never learned to lie well it seems, so he just keeps talking through his own horseshit.

But there is hope!

and this fact check brought to you by…well, assholes.

And looky look:

Update, June 11, 2021, 12:12 p.m. ET: I neglected to include one of the most relevant examples. In 2019, Schiff, as part of his investigation into Trump’s involvement in Ukraine, subpoenaed the telephone records of various Trump allies and then publicly released them , in the process revealing communications activities of fellow members of Congress and journalists:

Fanatics can justify any action, and House Intelligence Chairman Adam Schiff this week demonstrated where that mindset leads. In his rush to paint Donald Trump as a lawbreaker, Mr. Schiff has himself trampled law and responsibility.

That’s the bottom line in Mr. Schiff’s stunning decision to subpoena the phone records of Rudy Giuliani and others. Mr. Schiff divulged the phone logs this week in his Ukraine report, thereby revealing details about the communications of Trump attorneys Jay Sekulow and Mr. Giuliani, ranking Intelligence Committee member Devin Nunes, reporter John Solomon and others. The media is treating this as a victory, when it is a disgraceful breach of ethical and legal propriety.

Check to see how many people expressing indignation today over the Trump DOJ’s acquisition of these records on Schiff and Swalwell expressed even a whiff of concern about that, and there you will see the difference between genuine defenders of privacy and those (like Schiff and Swalwell) who feign indignation only when they themselves are targeted.

I’ll have to give the full report a read, and reread the contemporaneous accounts, but iirc, it was reported at the time that there were already plans in place to clear the park, but the clearing and attacks (whatever you make of them) on protesters (and reporters!) happened before the announced time when it would happen so people were supposed to be ok still hanging out. Also iirc, secret service was there and pepper spayed protesters. From what I’ve read so far, the report is regarding park police and their actions / plans in clearing the sq. i.e. the reports may not really conflict.