The Durham Investigation Thread

As stated above there was enough information to launch an investigation, and the Steele Dossier was not used so that is a lie.

Monday’s review by Inspector General Michael Horowitz knocked down multiple lines of attack against the Russia investigation, finding that it was properly opened and that law enforcement leaders were not motivated by political bias. Contrary to the claims of Trump and other critics, it said that opposition research compiled by an ex-British spy named Christopher Steele had no bearing on the decision to open the investigation known as Crossfire Hurricane. And it rejected allegations that a former Trump campaign aide at the center of the probe was set up by the FBI.

https://www.foxtv.com/news/trumps-conspiracy-of-crime-of-the-century-fizzles-to-nothing-following-3-year-probe

The appointment was made shortly after the conclusion of an investigation by special counsel Robert Mueller, which found substantial contacts between Russians and Trump associates but did not allege a criminal conspiracy between them. In December 2019, a Justice Department inspector general report concluded that the Russia investigation was opened for a legitimate reason but identified numerous errors in how it was conducted — giving Trump and his supporters an avenue of attack and optimism over Durham.

Sort of makes all of this irrelevant as many others have said.

Sorry @Malasang88 all this was figured out years ago, the lies debunked and who did what and why. Not really interested in hearing the talking points of the complicit media and the pretetending they made mistakes here and there, didn’t use the dossier when we know thdy did.

You may not have figured it out, but I think the majority of people who look at what happened will. I am satisfied with that.

I suggest just ignoring my comments in future. They are not aimed at you.

Yep. We know the Clinton campaign paid to concoct Russia smears on Trump and feed them to the FBI. We know the FBI paid a ridiculous level of credulity to them. We know the FBI cut corners in lots of places like in getting their FISA warrants on Page. We know that we did face a media storm of leaks buttressed by support from all over the establishment, all to deceitfully damage a democratically nominated and democratically elected president. We know it all turned out to be total bullshit. Of course, now they would just like to say “oops, but” and sweep it under the rug. We know it’s right out of the Dem playbook too from what they did to Bernie, 100% entitlement. I bought it into it at the time, and I’m pissed off about it. Fool me once but not twice. I’m done with these centrist Democrats and their entire apparatus. We’ll see if the Dems nominate an economic progressive, but they never will of course. That’s the whole point.

4 Likes

That’s true, I wish we could just write it off as Democrats doing some messed up stuff, but most of the Republicans were all in on it too. John McCain being the most visible running around and pushing the dossier on anyone he could find, the FBI and the media and if anyone should have known it was crap it was John McCain as the substance of the dossier was almost identical to a hit job on him in 2008 when he ran for President. It was the same stuff. Prepared by who? The same guy, Glenn Simpson of Fusion GPS. :rofl:

Anyway, initially the number of Republicans that pushed back on any of this could be counted on one hand. Devin Nunes was one, they came down like a ton of bricks on him, they he wrote the Nunes memo (which the media claimed was false, it wasn’t) to which Adam Schiff wrote the Schiff memo (which the media claimed was true, it wasn’t).

Totally messed up with lies everywhere.

1 Like

Definitely a lot of this

True, but I suspect you are implying what I am saying is untrue.

It’s not. I noticed you skipped the question.

That wasn’t my intention, sorry

I didn’t care enough to address is

There was definitely a lot of rat fuckery all around, the FBI shouldn’t have announced an investigation in the HC emails right before the election, Nunes shouldn’t have leaked to Trump, etc.

But there was enough reason to look into the Russian connection, which was very real. And there wasn’t enough reason to conclude Trump colluded, which was fair enough.

I think the correct answer should have been we don’t do that in Western countries. That’s the kind of thing that happens in Russia and by the KGB.

If you had gone with that, I would have agreed with you. Now we have the likes of @bingobango claiming I am against Western values.

Take note @bingobango it’s precisely because I think Western values are far better and more ethical than dictatorships like Russia and China that when this stuff happens, it needs to be called out in no uncertain terms.

We’re allowed to say what we want in Western countries

I must have skipped over that, not reading this thread very carefully, sorry

Yes, rat fuckery on both sides should be called out, no doubt #stopthesteal

So, now the cost was too high? How much did them impeachments run? The Durham Report was so costly, we should get rid of Special Counsels period.

In Washington, there’s an effort periodically to put an end to special counsels, outsiders who take a troubling situation off the front page but often become troubling themselves. Starr’s Javert act led Congress to drop the independent counsel, but special counsels, an only slightly less feral beast, continue to roam the Earth. Next chance lawmakers get, they should tighten the reins further, with Durham’s two courtroom fiascos, costing the taxpayer about $14 million, as Exhibit One.

That would be great for covering up, well, the entire Biden Cabal.

And this:

Regardless of the “why,” the special counsel probe has proven sadly revealing, in both the depth and breadth of the corruption and lawlessness it exposed, as well as its inability or unwillingness to go further and bring to heel the most powerful perpetrators of the gravest governmental abuses.

We must never forget that the regime’s security apparatus worked to destroy a sitting president. It now seems hell-bent on destroying his supporters. To understand why such efforts persist, look no further than the seemingly sorry end to the Durham special counsel probe.

Good thing we can still vote.

1 Like

Durham report issued.

That’s it. That’s about how big a splash it deserves.

Yeah the fact that the FBI admits it did a very bad and wrong thing getting involved in an election due to a fake story planted by Trump opposition is fine. The fact that the FBI knowingly lied to FISA judges to get warrants to spy on Americans is also fine.

Of course the MSM that won pulitzer prizes basked on fake news are not going to with tract all their stories. The fact that Brennan and Clapper were on the news all the time claiming things they knew to be lies was not an issue as long as everyone hated Trump. Of course when testifying under oath they said there was no evidence of any collusion.

“The conduct in 2016 and 2017 that Special Counsel Durham examined was the reason that current FBI leadership already implemented dozens of corrective actions, which have now been in place for some time. Had those reforms been in place in 2016, the missteps identified in the report could have been prevented,” the FBI said.

“This report reinforces the importance of ensuring the FBI continues to do its work with the rigor, objectivity, and professionalism the American people deserve and rightly expect,” it added.

1 Like

Don’t worry, the FBI has already made sure it will never, never, never happen again. They’re only going to stick to manipulating elections by squashing negative news about the Dems now and won’t outright undermine democratically elected officials.

5 Likes

I would add, IMO the vast majority of Americans don’t want the intelligence services meddling in their elections.

Although again IMO, it’s the intelligence services along with the media who do think it’s their job to tell the public what to think and who it is and is not ok to vote for. The only part of that that is up for debate is just how far they are willing to go in order to achieve a desired outcome.

1 Like

Even Jake Tapper on CNN says this is devastating for the FBI

I suspect should a new Republican administration come to power the FBI and CIA will be cleaned out.

As shown by the Biden Laptop controversy they will continue to do anything they want. It’s either plant fake stories and investigate a campaign or bury real news in order to help a campaign for Democrats.

1 Like

The Swamp has a nice little racket going. All they have to do is say ‘sorry’ for their WMD lies/Russia lies/laptop lies and it’s back to business as usual.

1 Like

The Republicans wanted Trump gone too, McConnell made sure he was positioned to block any appointments he didn’t like, Mitch McConnell intentionally kept the GOP Senate Majority in session the WHOLE 4 YEARS! Just so President Trump could not do a single recess appt.

While Paul Ryan blocked efforts to issue subpoenas in the house for those wanting answers in the investigation until the Democrats took back the house in the wake of 24/7 non stop reporting on the Mueller investigation that followed on from the Crossfire hurricane investigation we are now told but figured out long ago should ndver have been launched. So this impacted the 2018 elections too.

Republicans are just as much a part of the swamp as the Democrats and if someone like Ron DeSantis were to get in for the Republicans, nothing at all would change wrt the intelligence outfits.

2 Likes

It’s his second best source!

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2023/05/15/devin_nunes_lesson_of_durham_probe_is_doj_and_fbi_are_solely_owned_by_the_democratic_party_and_propaganda_regime.html

2 Likes