The Durham Investigation Thread

head brewmaster

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-08-14/ex-fbi-lawyer-pleads-guilty-in-probe-trump-sees-harming-biden

Somebody at Bloomberg doesn’t know what “unsupported” means.

I loved him in A Fish Called Wanda.

Well, folks at The Federalist are erect:

The full federal charging document detailing Clinesmith’s crimes can be found here.

And that’s nice and all…bring on the next one…one a week…bigger and bigger until finally…

…sorry…did I get a little winning on anyone?

So, that’s the Right’s take. Left, yer up.

This is well known to those following the story, but I thought this was a good time to recap Julian Assange.

1 Like

I wonder if he’s the one Trump is going to pardon today? :thinking:

No, that’s rumored to be Susan B Anthony. Whoever that is.

That’s called a @Rickroll tease everyone with a promise of something major about to drop tomorrow, then deliver something mundane. Democrat convention has started, lets get everyone talking about who I might pardon, and then a day later its a nothing burger.

Hasn’t she been dead for over 100 years?

Yeah yeah, see the post above your reply. I edited it.

Ha. Still hoping for Assange.

Me too man, but he is in the grinder right now, too many moving parts to put your hand in there, going to get mangled for sure.

1 Like

I’m not sure if I feel comfortable being associated to such covfefe…

1 Like

It was the 100th anniversary of the 19th Amendment, so he had to do something for those suburban housewives.

Not a rumor now, but I guess your comment is aimed at the fact I hadn’t heard of her. I don’t feel threatened intellectually to openly admit what I don’t know.

She’s a famous suffragette who was convicted of voter fraud because she insisted on voting (illegally) in around 1870.

Pretty obvious what Trump is up to by pardoning her, a long dead 19th century SJW.

Now you mention it I might recall her in some time series TV show which featured her.

The whole suffragette movement I get and understand the outcome which seemed reasonable, kudos for the woman standing up for change.

1 Like

Yep. She violated state law, but was tried in federal court on the specious grounds that it was a federal vote, The judge refused to allow the jury to retire, demanding they deliver the verdict immediately. He ordered a fine, which she refused to pay. Rather than make her a rallying point, the judge refused to jail her as required, and just let her go.
She also had a dollar coin named after her, and which turned out to not be not very popular at all.

What I mean is that Trump is stealing some of the Democrats’ convention thunder, possibly some woman Democrats’ votes as well (Anthony was made widely popular by Democrat women arguing for the Equal Rights Amendment during Reagan’s 1980s), by pardoning a woman all Americans look up to because she was not at all like the SJWs we see today.

Anthony put it all on the line with her political activity. Actual courage.

It comes at zero cost, then, and anything it does for Trump politically is pure gravy. Shrewd move.

Not a happy camper:

Report out yesterday made collusion between Trump campaign and Russian officials quite convincing, actually. But it’s like 1000 pages long, not 3 words. Ruh-roh Shaggy!

Credit largely goes to Mark Warner, the ranking Democrat on the SSCI, who shrewdly orchestrated the proceedings. Cultivating a close relationship with the SSCI’s Republican chair, Richard Burr, he worked to keep the investigation deliberately low-key. (The committee did the bulk of its work behind closed doors, without leaks.)
As a result, the committee on the whole miraculously avoided the politicization that tainted the broader debate over Russian interference. Each of its findings won bipartisan approval prior to publication. Instead of rushing forward, the committee left the incendiary question of collusion for last.

Sounds innocent:

The White House engaged in gamesmanship, invoking executive privilege to deny witnesses and block access to a paper trail. A slew of important witnesses invoked the Fifth Amendment. Others, such as Paul Manafort, lied relentlessly to investigators.

The committee fills in the gaps somewhat. It reports that Manafort and Kilimnik talked almost daily during the campaign. They communicated through encrypted technologies set to automatically erase their correspondence; they spoke using code words and shared access to an email account . It’s worth pausing on these facts: The chairman of the Trump campaign was in daily contact with a Russian agent, constantly sharing confidential information with him. That alone makes for one of the worst scandals in American political history.

A lot of time and energy spent on trying to pretend it’s fake news, down the drain. :cry:

this.time.for.sure

1 Like