The Ekselent Thread About Ekselence Ice Cream

I got one today for 69. When is the offer in Family Mart expiring? I did not look.

couldnt find any in the 3 family marts close to me.

They’re tricksy. The discount sign for Eskelent ice cream is on the regular ice cream bin - but the ice cream itself is often in a different freezer, one of the upright ones, along with frozen convenience foods. I’ve seen this now in two different Family Marts that I’d thought hadn’t been stocking it.

But to my chagrin, I haven’t seen any of the white chocolate-raspberry flavour this year.

2 Likes

only found Pols ice cream and Haagen Dasz…

You prompted me to look tonight and grab some before the offer expired! But it’s been extended now until the end of May, so I resisted the urge to buy any.

4 Likes

stay strong!

3 Likes

The one I went to still had a lot of stock. I resisted the urge to buy more than one.
The cashier already knows me as we chatted about the ice cream before. I told him the saga of this thread and story of Ekselence Ice Cream in Taiwan. :grin:

3 Likes

To this I say: long live our friendship with the Baltic states! :grin:

Guy

2 Likes

Recently I was able to finally try this ice cream. Excellent!! Never heard of it before and tastes great. Thanks for the recommendation

3 Likes

You spelled Ekselent wrong.

:grin:

1 Like

Be careful. As I have learned, this stuff is like crack cocaine. :rofl:

Guy

1 Like

In KHH, maybe more choices than the konbini (mirco market) in Latvia. I see more POLS from LT than Ekslent, kind of interesting easier to find in Taiwan.

Look inside the bin, its POLS inside ha

Nice warm day for ice cream (by local standards here 25c)

and last night still bit lighted sky at midnight (in winter very short days though)

2 Likes

Have not seen Ekselent Ice Cream lately in Family Mart at least in Taipei. Have they run out and waiting for another shipment?

1 Like

i still see them in px marts, but not in family marts.

The PX stock is old stock, clearing it out.

I’ve seen some of that too at certain Family Marts.

Guy

bought one the day before

DUDE!

The price at FamilyMart is 49NTD!!! 90NTD for 2!!! :exploding_head:

You can ask the FamilyMart store manager to order them for their stock!

dance_cheburashka

8 Likes

Yay! Or maybe, “Oh no.”

That white chocolate-raspberry one is just no longer available in Taiwan, right? Or at least I haven’t seen it in a long while.

2 Likes

It’ll motivate you to ride an extra 10K.

2 Likes

If it’s a 100g bar, that’s 329 cal (source). Yesterday’s 48km ride with 750m of elevation gain was supposedly 1,100 active calories … so actually more like 15km of riding?

God comparing calorie counts to exercise amounts is depressing.

1 Like