The Ekselent Thread About Ekselence Ice Cream

Nonsense. It absolutely can, for many people at least. Those Kirkland French vodka bottles are huge and relatively cheap and pretty good quality, and they last me forever. Their giant midrange whiskey bottles save me even more, both in being cheaper, and also in forestalling me buying more expensive varieties in smaller bottles.

Same here. Iā€™ve had the same bottle of vodka for almost a year. But ice cream? I buy a carton of Ben & Jerryā€™s and promise myself I will make it last at least 2 servings, but the entire thing is gone before I know it and, once again, I berate myself in shame for having no self control.

4 Likes

Oh, I highly recommend on giving up that shame! I have. The system I (mostly) stick to is one decadent junk food purchase per week. And I revel in it for the evening - or, rarely, two evenings - that the carton lasts. Iā€™ve accepted Iā€™m going to finish it in a hurry, and thatā€™s just the way it is; and getting rid of the shame helps me enjoy it even more!

And assuming Iā€™ve held off until later in the week, it makes Fridays even better, because I know I get to buy myself something unhealthy.

This does also lead to mixed feelings about the Ekselence bars ā€¦ it takes me thirty minutes of walking to buy Ben & Jerryā€™s, which definitely helps with self-control. Ekselence bars, not so much, which means I should probably stay out of convenience stores.

2 Likes

Iā€™d say it really depends on the person. I often buy a pallet of booze directly from the importer, as you get a much better deal. No way I would go through a pallet in a couple of days, but I do a fair bit of entertaining and Iā€™m also in a circle of people who enjoy the occasional drink (or seven of them).

1 Like

This is easy to understand provided the person isnā€™t an alcoholic. When you are physically dependent on alcohol you will do anything to get just one more drink. And a big bottle has enough to kill you twice over.

Holy :cow:

https://foodunion.com/brands/ekselence-2/

I want to move to Riga :luggage:

2 Likes

If you cannot immediately relocate to Riga, at least you can stop by Family Mart, which continues to have a selection of Ekselenceā€™s otherworldly ice cream bars on sale for NT$69, I believe until April 4. Thankfully I found one branch in my neighbourhood that remains well stocked. :yum:

Guy

4 Likes

I just had one after lunch in a newly built FamilyMart. Very nice.

I was looking at the box and looked up the manufacturer. Hence the link. :grin:

2 Likes

Bookmarked.

Tried chocolate and caramel. It was nice but you guys need to calm down a bit.

3 Likes

Yeah. Youā€™d think the topic was Latvian women. Now that I do have experience with. Unlike the ice cream.

For better or for worse (specifically, better for my taste buds, worse for my waist line!), Family Mart has extended its ekselent sale on Ekselence ice cream barsā€”NT$69 eachā€”until early May.

Guy

4 Likes

How do you know? did you ask the clerk or what? xD

I carefully examined the small print on the sale price stickers on the freezer. Did I mention that the print is small? :grin:

Guy

2 Likes

I just porked on it.

Also, I didnā€™t see any special sticker or anything, just what I recall as a regular price labelā€¦

Look more carefully . . .

Guy

Plus finding the Ekselence price amongst the several dozen other ice cream varieties is a bit of a pain.

2 Likes

Shouldnā€™t really spend money on that. Yeah, really, the situation is that bad xD

I hear you! Sometimes times can be tough.

Guy

Let the hoarding begin.

1 Like