The Ekselent Thread About Ekselence Ice Cream

Could only find the raspberry one. $105

Guanghua 711

Very rich flavour

6 Likes

Oh man, now I really want ice cream. Iā€™ll go to 7-11 after my class :rofl:

3 Likes

I hope you didnā€™t go all the way from Danshui to Guanghua in your search for ice cream.

But also, I sort of hope you did.

1 Like

I went in search for info on how I can help buy a computer and to see if Danshui is getting the shaft.

I blame Mayor Hou. (Kidding)

3 Likes

After not eating ice cream and sugary snacks for the past six months, I finally caved because of you guys. I checked out my 7-11 and they had the raspberry. Heavenly!

4 Likes

Cheat day is Ok day

2 Likes

We definitely donā€™t have these Ekselence ice creams in any Kaohsiung 7/11s (at least none Iā€™ve been to). We have the Latvian ones.

They probably figure people wonā€™t appreciate that kind of Ekselence in Kaohsiung

2 Likes

Perhaps the workers consumed them before the truck arrived in Kaohsiung.

Thatā€™s my theory, anyways. :whistle:

Guy

As @Celeborn noted in the fateful post that started all this, both Ekselence and Pols are from Latvia.

Guy

1 Like

Okay well we have Pols.

1 Like

Iā€™m going to get some today after work!

4 Likes

That chocolate one remains elusive.

CECC is gonna wonder why I have so many texts from 711s.

7-11 is probably wondering why the sales of latvian ice cream went up

3 Likes

shhhh
careful
never buy the last one
as soon as you do, they will never restock again

such is the fate of many once good things here

2 Likes

Itā€™s Taiwanā€™s way of teaching us how to be Buddhist.

Nothing is permanent.

Guy

3 Likes

I saw the raspberry one in the 3rd 7 I went in, but it was surprisingly light. I declined

Itā€™s not an ice-cream Iā€™d buy if I wanted to eat ice-cream as a snack. Itā€™s more something to eat after you hadva good meal but feel like something sweet would go well now.

1 Like

Totally for the best theyā€™re gone.I remember going in and seeing only two or three left and thinking, I better get all three just in case theyā€™re gone tomorrow.

Iā€™m chocolate fan myself:

1. Taichung ā€œfourth credit unionā€ Google it, ignore the awful pictures. Theyā€™ve got at least 20 different flavors of chocolate, by origin and %. So far, the best ice cream shop in Taiwan that Iā€™ve been to.

2. 711 has a new rectangle bar. You know the with wafer on the outside, and strawberry bits & vanilla, or bubble tea and vanilla inside. Well, the chocolate is pretty damn good. Wafer, a layer of thin chocolate thatā€™s crispy as you bite in, and chocolate ice cream inside.

1 Like

Found it! There is a raspberry pomegranate one too

6 Likes