The Ekselent Thread About Ekselence Ice Cream

I’m team pomegranate.

3 Likes

Anyone still see this, maybe I should look at another seven or Family.

4 Likes

They’re currently regularly available at the PXMarts / 全聯 near me in Danshui. Often two-for-one, which is very much appreciated.

5 Likes

And you didn’t SAY anything?

4 Likes

It was already in the thread, from back in April!

1 Like

Linsen park is not Danshui. lmao.

1 Like

Yeah, but PXMart stocking doesn’t vary that much as far as I can tell, except for how big the branch itself is. (Unlike Carrefour, which often has things in Zhishan that I can’t find in Danshui.)

I believe this week the caramel one is 2-for-1. Last week the other two flavors were 2-for-1, but not the caramel. They’ve also had phases when you had to buy two of the same flavor for a discount, and other times when you could buy different flavors.

Not that I’ve, um, been eating ice cream at all.

4 Likes

I’ve been attempting to train myself—with limited success—to stop eating these ice cold devils.

For what it’s worth, 7-11 seems to have switched (at least in my neighbourhood in Taipei) to the Ekselence mini bars, with more conventional flavours—still dangerously good. :rofl:

Guy

2 Likes

Oh, I haven’t even seen those. But for the past year my main reason for going to 7-11 was Ekselence ice cream bars (not that I ever found them, except on the rarest of occasions), and now that they’re regularly in PXMart, I’ve mostly stopped going to 7-11s again.

3 Likes

I saw them last week on PX Marts in Xindian and Daan, so I would guess they have them in Danshui too :yum:

3 Likes

NEW! Discount Ekselence!

@afterspivak @lostinasia @vibekiller @BeachBum @PeiHua-Connie @SuiGeneris @DogmaticStoic @slawa @Andrew @bananas @Steve4nLanguage @Taiwan_for_Life @tempogain @Celeborn

4 Likes

Those are the mini bars—with three varieties—I’ve seen at my local 7-11 throughout this summer.

I can’t say they are better value than the two-for-the-price-of-one full size bars available at PX Mart. But the smaller size is probably not a bad idea given how I wolf these things down . . .

Guy

3 Likes

I had the coffee one. It definitely has the same trademark richness.

2 Likes

The only mini bar I think is not that great is the classic almond chocolate vanilla trifecta. Somehow the basic chococate vanilla tasted better to me. :person_shrugging:

Guy

1 Like

Is this at 7-11? More importantly, a Danshui 7-11? When @afterspivak posted about the mini bars a while ago, for a few days I looked in the various 7-11s I walked by, but didn’t see these bars anywhere.

I have seen those mini pieces but with a raffle discount for the second one!
I got -9 TWD discount. Depends on your luck.

I bought two milk chocolate with almonds and they were great.

1 Like

I can confirm they are tasty and the smaller size is better for my health.

5 Likes

Maybe “less bad” would be the way I’d put it. :grin:

Still very tasty though.

Guy

3 Likes

LOL the PX Mart website ice cream section is very, very tempting

Delivery, delivery…

2 Likes

PX Mart has of course really, really upped their game in the past few years. They’re mostly not that good for imported groceries yet - with the notable exception of the ice cream.

3 Likes