The Employment Gold Card Super-Thread

I applied on 4/19 and today my status changed to following “Passport Submission by Bureau of Consular Affairs or Overseas Missions of R.O.C. (Taiwan)” from the previous status “Professional review by Ministry”. I assume this means I can now go to the consulate with my passport.

4 Likes

Congrats!

Has anyone received the status message of “Complete Second Review” (or in Chinese, “複審完成”) before? Searching the thread I couldn’t find any references, I received this after doing the passport check.

1 Like

Has anyone waited a significant period of time to pick up their gold card visa after approval for the 3 years visa (I am thinking six months or so)?

For anyone considering the culture and arts category, I’ve created a video that sums up my application. It was pretty basic. The biggest takeaway from my success I’d say is that I tried to portray that I have somewhat of a plan for what I’ll be doing and how I’ll be contributing to the arts scene. And I really painted a picture of how my family would integrate and assimilate into Taiwanese society. @Noel

6 Likes

It has been a year for me. Had to delay the move because of various things. Not sure if the residence authorization will still work…

So great. Thank you so much for this video; it has me thinking in all sorts of different ways for what to include. I will have to take you out for a beer when we finally are in Taiwan at the same time.

1 Like

Hello. Those who have already living in Taiwan with gold card, which health test did you have to take before and after arrival in Taiwan? I found this information Items Required for Health Certificate for Residence in Taiwan - Taiwan Centers for Disease Control

Is there any other tests done or is that all?

Has anyone had issues boarding a plane with the ROC Resident Authorization? I’m planning to fly to Taiwan where the first leg is run by Lufthansa and the second leg is run by EVA, a bit worried that Lufthansa won’t recognize the Resident Authorization as allowable.

I didn’t have a problem. But be prepared for them to not know what it is. Better if you print out other pages from the NIA website describing what the gold card is, etc.

1 Like

I think for this kind of stuff the desk agents tend to call Taiwan immigration for clarification. So I wouldn’t worry too much - if you do encounter a problem, just stick to your guns and they’ll eventually escalate it to someone who knows that it’s fine.

1 Like

So I have almost everything ready to apply for the goldcard.

QUESTION:
Should I go ahead and apply now or should I wait? and if so until approximately when?

My worry about applying now is that they would just reject it because of the current situation with the pandemic.

Apply now. The time-consuming part of the application process (skills assessment) is still operating. Since it takes a couple months and a lot can change during that time, worth getting a head start if you are ready.

1 Like

Definitely do it asap

1 Like

First, check the necessary document list. It is better if you post the list of documents you are going to submit here to hear opinions. Also, check with the gold card help desk to find the best category for you to apply. This two little things may save you 2 months.

Congratulations! Under which category did you apply? I may have missed a previous post of yours… :wink:

Under economy category. I am in semiconductor manufacturing.

2 Likes

Today I got this message “Passport Submission by Bureau of Consular Affairs or Overseas Missions of R.O.C. (Taiwan)”. Very happy.

3 Likes

How long ago did you apply?

I applied on 05/05/2021.