The Employment Gold Card Super-Thread

Just got off the phone with Gold Card Office. The NDC review process is new so apparently they’re walking physical packages from office to office. Estimated time to completion 1-2 months.

1 Like

Applied on 04/23, still at status “Review by the Workforce Development Agency” :sleepy:

What do you need to bring for the passport inspection? I have emailed TECO Miami multiple times with no response. My appointment is on Monday.

I guess I will try calling them the morning of.

IIRC just your passport and the printed page of the passport inspection. Can’t remember the exact name of that page.

Thanks. Looks like it is called the passport submission notice. Any idea if it 100% must be printed out?

Hi all, not sure if this was asked before, but here goes:

• I’ve got my Gold Card accepted and issued (I just have to go pick it up in Taichung)
  • I’ve printed out my ROC Resident Authorization for Overseas Applicants (the paper I need to hand over to immigration when I go to Taiwan)

However, I noticed that my passport is about to expire and I’d have to renew. How should I manage this when I will inevitably enter Taiwan with a different passport than the one that was on my Gold Card application?

Any opinions & help much appreciated.

1 Like

When does it expire? When do you anticipate entering Taiwan?

1 Like

Id suggest coming here and getting your gold card and renew your passport here. It takes about a month. You can then amend your gold card and they’ll issue a new one.

Hey, it expires around March 2023, but the closes diplomatic mission for my country is Korea.

Would be nice, just don’t have a diplomatic mission in Taiwan. So I’d have to re-quarantine when going out to get my passport in Korea

You just need your passport and the printed passport inspection submission document that you download from the GC application site. Inspection takes like 5 minutes to do.

Don’t email them, it takes forever to get a reply. Just call.

1 Like

Be careful to do it soon because Korea (and most countries) won’t let you in if you have less than 6 months on your passport.

Yea that’s what I was gonna say.

I did mine by mail. Does your country allow that?

I didn’t know about it when I went to the TECO - they were nice enough to let me email it to them from my phone and they printed it out for me. But YMMV :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Went to TECO Miami this morning. They still had not responded to my last three emails nor answered the phone the one time I called. I decided not to print out my passport submission notice (would have been stopping by a Fedex to do so) and see if they’d be kind to me. Nope. First of all, they made me wait 20 minutes. (I had only paid for 30 min parking) Then at that point they asked what I was doing there and told me they were unaware of any passport inspection appt (I received an email reminder of my appt from them 3 days ago and another reminder email this morning). Then they told me I must have the printout so I must go to the Fedex 1.5 blocks away. The people authorized to do passport inspection were in a meeting anyway so I had time.

I ran to Fedex, printed my form, extended my parking meter, ran back, then waited another 5 minutes. Finally a lady called me up to do the inspection, look at my face, make copies of both items, and I was done. That part took about 2 minutes. I left 45 minutes after arriving.

So all-in-all a slightly frustrating process but when I think about what some other folks went through, I know I had it very very easy!

2 Likes

Can anyone explain the health certificate requirements for the dependent visas? Did anyone go through this? So each of the dependents (gold card holder is exempt presumably) must go for a health checkup on these items in particular: Items Required for Health Certificate for Residence in Taiwan - Taiwan Centers for Disease Control

And the local TECO will provide a list of which hospitals are acceptable?

I tried this to the Taipei Division office and was turned down since I’m an “employee” of a foreign company and not a Taiwanese one. Also, they pointed out they whilst I am correctly defined as a self-employed professional as per Taiwan law, I do not qualify due to the second half of the definition on the regulation, since the whole classification is “self-employed business owner professional”, i.e. with a company registered in Taiwan in your own name, to establish a insured unit for NHI purposes. Hence, I will need to wait 6 months to enroll on the residency basis.

1 Like

Sorry I forgot to mention that :disappointed: is been a couple of years since I did it.

2 Likes

It’s weird, they told us we needed to do this, but in the end no one really took it or checked for it?

Our TECO told us any licensed physician was fine, although you may need a hospital to get some of the labs/x-rays done.

1 Like