The Employment Gold Card Super-Thread

I tried, didn’t work to let me get out.

Has anyone had to provide a statement of purpose for NDC special review? If so, would anyone be willing to provide me an example?

1 Like

What’s that?

來臺計畫 Statement of Purpose
計畫內容含:來臺服務、發展及就業(預計合作訪問的臺灣機關或公司名稱)等規劃。 Includes: Purpose of visit and immigration to Taiwan, such as service, development, and/or employment (name of Taiwanese agency or company planned for visitation or cooperation).

If more specific in the question then a more specific answer could be provided e.g.:

醫療領域來臺計畫 Statement of Purpose for the Medical Sector
來臺重點產業發展計畫(內容必須扣合生醫產業及精準醫療產業),計畫內容包含:預計合作訪問的臺灣機關或公司名稱、將如何以自身的醫學專長與工作經驗應用於臺灣的生醫產業及精準醫療產業、該計畫對臺灣的幫助及其他補充說明。 Plans to work in the key development industries must be related to the Biomedical or Precision Medicine fields and must include: name of Taiwanese agency or company planned for visitation or cooperation, how your medical expertise and work experience will be applied to the biomedical and precision medicine industries of Taiwan, how the plan will benefit Taiwan, and other supplementary information.

But I think the general question you asked is answered.

1 Like

I will apply to renew my Gold card. How long does it take for the whole process?

I submitted my renewal application on 7/4, responded to a question on 7/5 and received the approval and certificate on 7/14 - so about 10 days…

Yeah, that was at the fast end of the scale. Typical is around 4-6 weeks from other recent experiences

2 Likes

It depends, various fields have a longer queue than others, difference categories from the fields may take longer to review.
If your on the salary category then the ministries are well versed in that now and the wait time is minimal.

1 Like

Quick tax question:

I received a tax letter for 2023. I only stayed 65 days in Taiwan in 2023. In 2024 I have stayed 3 months so far. I haven’t worked for any taiwanese company.

Can I ignore the letter or do I have to do something?

2 Likes

You could always send back the form filling out zeros for the income earned.

However, when I asked the tax office if I need to fill out or declare anything for my first year here, they told me there was no need to (because I stayed less than 90 days).

Not sure why they sent you that letter though - I have never received one.

I submitted mine on 3/29 and received approval on 4/22.

1 Like

May I ask what category you renewed under? It seems that plays a significant role in the time it takes and success rate of applications and renewals.

Hi,

I finally got the Teco in Houston to verify my passport (I think). They told me to send a notarized copy of my passport and authentication form and passport verification form and 15 dollars. They sent me back a form that just states the signature of the notary is authentic so not sure if they actually verified my passport.

Anyhow, the status on the immigration site still has not changed and I’m not sure who I should contact to see if my passport was actually verified.

Thanks

Edit:

Spoke too soon, got my official approval today. If anyone else is using Houston TECO, it took about 2 weeks to get them to look at my paper work. After receiving my documents back, it took about 4 days for the portal to update.

2 Likes

Economy. I knew from the last time what additional documents they were going to ask for (company website, etc.). Probably would’ve been faster had not submitted right before a holiday.

1 Like

Hey Chris! I just got a similar letter. I stayed in Taiwan for 89 days last year, do you need to go to the Immigration Agency to get the record of all your entries to Taiwan to show it in the tax office? I think I might go there on Monday.

The tax office can download the entry and exit records. If your up to date with the immigration news and techinically savy then you can get the report online, otherwise visiting the NIA service center they can provide it. For tax purposes as I said though, they will have that data :slight_smile:

I also wrote the Tax Bureau an email, but I am not sure they will answer. I might go there end of next week, if they won’t answer and just ask what’s going on.

How long have you been in Taiwan in 2024 so far?

Since January. However, since I stayed less than 90days last year I think I should not file any tax declaration for 2023 year at least that’s how the tax office explained to me last year - so I am confused why they send me this form. Also I paid all my taxes in Germany last year.

I suspect they might send that letter out automatically, if you have stayed in Taiwan for 90+ days THIS year before date X of sending out the letter. Not sure about the reason, but looks like it.

Hello! I can confirm that you can obtain an Entry/Exit certificate from the Immigration Agency for 100NTD. I presented this certificate to the tax officer at the National Taxation Bureau, who informed me that I did not need to file anything. Consequently, she collected the blue form from me. However, if you plan move out for example this years, you need to go to the office two weeks before your departure (bring flight tickets). Best, Seb

1 Like