The Employment Gold Card Super-Thread

Yes that’s right. I will on Monday. Thanks.

So is it better to book a plane ticket with Eva airline instead of others companies?

Eva is so damn expensive these days…

I would definitely recommend a direct flight if possible. Transfer involves risk of infection.

Entrepreneur Visa has been suspended and Business Visa partially suspended, I hope they won’t suspend Gold Card… It could be the next step…

If they do, it will be to new applicants. Those who already have approval will almost certainly still be allowed to enter the country.

Do you have a link concerning the Entrepreneur Visa being suspended? I can’t find anything. Since my gold card app isn’t going so smoothly I was planning an Entrepreneur Visa as a backup plan…

If you go to the French website of ROC, it’s written suspended. It used to be open last week if I remember correctly.

Equivalent of this page?

Not a direct link, but it may be due to this current restrictions .

Seems like this only applies to your local TECO office. I found the website for the Houston TX location and they still have links up for applying with no notice or news anywhere about suspensions.

Anyone have a sense of what the current turnaround time for applications submitted within Taiwan is? I applied under economy 12/9 and have been under review since a day or two after that, so right around one month. I should very clearly meet the criteria based on employment & W2 wages.

From friends on the ground, I’ve heard that they the process is very fast and efficient, and I have also heard that they are backed up so approvals are taking longer than usual.

Has anyone reading here applied from within Taiwan since November or December?

Hi Yaode

I applied on 20.11.2020. Then he asked me for supporting documents. I sent the supporting documents on 16.12.2020. I’m still waiting, I haven’t received an email to submit a passport. When I enter the online system, it still writes in the Professional Review by Workforce Development Agency.

The schedule depends on the location you submit the demand? Or it’s controlled by Taiwanese authorities?

Anyone knows why they need so much time? What kind of verification they do?

Was that under salary/economy?
I submitted additional docs a week ago and was expecting a quick turnaround based on previous timelines I’ve seen here :confused:

I’m applying under economy/salary through the UK office, and my current timeline is as follows:

First applied: 27th November 2020
Request for additional documents: 18th December 2020
I initially didn’t attach proper government tax documents; I got a bit excited and applied without much thinking
I then had to call them up because my government tax form did not cover a full 12 months so did not show a large enough yearly salary. I called the ministry of labour and they told me to get a letter from my company confirming starting dates. Took a while to get it.
Sent through all additional documents: 29th December 2020
I was told by the ministry of labour that it was sent to the economic ministry and I should hear back some time this week (week beginning 11th January 2021)

If not I’ll call them again to check on it. Definitely phone them if you are unsure about documents or if it’s taking longer than a month, they are very helpful and seem happy to take calls about cases.

1 Like

I applied on Dec 18th 2020 and still at Professional Review by Workforce Development Agency. I gave them a call few days ago and they said that they are going through applications submitted in Mid-December which sounds right. Hope to hear back this week.

Does anyone know if we need to complete the Health Check form in order to enter Taiwan as ARC holders?

I’m referring to this.

I confirmed with a contact who processes Entrepreneur visas that applications for Entrepreneur visas from outside Taiwan are indeed suspended at the moment.

6 Likes

I wonder what the reasoning for that is? Are they rethinking the process? Too many applicants or maybe they deemed entrepreneur visa a failure since gold card is easier to get for most people? Personally I applied under gold card even though I’m an entrepreneur, since the requirements and renewal process is much simpler, with the added tax and other benefits.

They do have different requirements though, so someone who qualifies for the Entrepreneur Visa may not qualify for a gold card. If I get denied on my current gold card app I was thinking either the EV or I wonder if my best (now only) alternate shot would be to apply under Economy for “Those recognized by the relevant central competent authority as outstanding professional talents”. Haven’t heard of anyone applying under that though. I wonder if as a successful business owner if that would be what they’re looking for, basically same as the EV.