The End of Western Civilization

Concentration camps for non Han Chinese who disagree?

2 Likes

Slavery was a world wide institution in the 19th century, US just talks, makes movies and reflects on it more than other countries meanwhile its an uncomfortable topic to face for most countries so everyone is more than happy to let the US own it. On the other hand the treatment of African Americans post slavery was horrible in the US so the topic keeps lingering as long as racism continues.

Not saying other countries are not racist…for example the EU runs Military borders in North Africa with armed patrols to keep black migrants out of Europe by turning them away at gunpoint in the deserts of Lybia before they can reach the Mediterranean. Without the same 24/7 news coverage this story just dies. Its been the German Army conducting this in Lybia recently. Hows that different from a border wall? Imagine the press if the US Army ran a border patrol in northern Mexico’s Sonora Desert to turn away Migrants at gunpoint before they can reach the Rio Grande or Arizona…One gets unlimited press the other is hushed up and swept under the rug and no one hears about it.

3 Likes

It’s amazing after 40 years of communism they are still the same entrepreneurial people.

Slavery in the US didn’t end until mid-1800s.

I took a tour of the University of Virginia before a football game there. When they talked about the history of the school, there were professors visiting from Europe who were appalled that people still owned slaves, and offered to pay them.

Look at when Slavery ended in different countries, empires, colonies around the world…Its really eye opening. Most Empires, Kingdoms and countries ended the institution of Slavery 40 yrs before to 50 years after the US. US actually falls near the middle. But who else talks about this stuff besides the US? Is there going to be a Korean, Brazilian, Mexican, Greek, Argentinian, Malay version of 12 yrs a slave? Or a TV drama? Talk shows openly discussing how Slavery has benefitted the wealthy or hurt populations within these countries? Doubt it. Everyone can wipe their hands clean and never reflect on their own Slavery’s past and forget history as its considered ONLY and American Institution in the minds of most at this point.

Canada 1834
Korea 1894
Columbia 1853
Mexico 1829
Brazil 1888
USA 1865
Indonesia 1863
Spain 1837
Australia 1834
Thailand 1926
Greece 1822
Argentina 1853
India 1843
Malaysia 1915
Ireland 1834

2 Likes

Only problem is that it’s not abolished. And it
Never will be. It just takes different forms which we even celebrate today. Call it “capitalism”, “hard work”. Etc

Why should a person make US 100M? Or 1B? Or 100B? Does it make any sense? Why should a person be forced to choose between driving outside in freezing cold for miles just to deliver some parcel or go hungry? While someone sitting comfortably in a heated office making a few clicks and earning what that poor person will never ever see.

It is slavery pure and simple. You may not be whipped with a cane by your owner, but you will be whipped with the economic and misery cane by your employer, landlord, utility companies,

Look at the Filipino workers here - they slave and slave for 5-10 years with their sweat and maybe even blood sometimes; what do they get ? Just enough to support a kid back home. Can they ever improve their standard of living ?

No, slavery is not abolished. Just made more politically acceptable.

2 Likes

There’s a good reason people earn $100M etc., but I agree that employment is not dissimilar to indentured servitude and was viewed as such in years gone by. Many people nevertheless selected full-time employment because comfortable slavery was more attractive than unpredictable self-employment (which was the norm prior to the 19th century).

The funny part is that many supposedly-enlightened governments now heavily discourage self-employment and force employers into all kinds of contract terms that enforce a master-and-slave relationship.

1 Like

US has a visible black underclass that is still very much feeling the brunt of slavery

And that’s why these modern day slave owners are so against basic income, where the lesser off can better themselves. Who is going to work for minimum wage flipping my burgers say the rich. They should be at my warehouse slinging parcels and picking up covid while the wealthy ‘flatten the curve’ hiding at home and ordering junk they don’t need online.

Remember, we’re all in this together and stay at home say the commercials.

I agree more needs to be done in the treatment of blacks after slavery was appalling but I was equally appalled to look into other countries to find the same especially in North, Central and South America. In the Americas alone, Brazil, Columbia, Argentina, Mexico for example also does not escape this with their treatment of Natives and their own brunt of Slavery. But Telemundo isn’t about to run a Drama series or a Talk Show to teach people that history. You’ll find the Elite ruling class there Spanish blood white also but it doesnt get discussed… lets focus again only on US Slavery only as usual and pretend like none of the rest of the world shouldn’t also reflect on their own as much as the US does.

What Ive found is most other countries dont want to talk about or let the world know about their slavery and racism, they love to just point to the US and overlook their own

US is also the richest country in the world and still cant begin reparations.

A Roots boxset doesnt make up for that

The US is working through its own racism…the rest of the world needs to at least begin to acknowledge theirs before it can get to the point of working through it.

How would reparations work? How did EU make reparations? Belgium must have done a grand job on reparations right maybe we can learn from them.

1 Like

Im not against some type of reparations its great this type of discussion can happen in the USA so openly.

Now Id like to see the same discussion in Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, UK, Thailand, Malaysia, Korea, Greece, India, Ireland, Spain, Belgium, France…doubt its ever going to happen. But all these other Ex Slaver countries love pointing to only the US and ignoring their own Slave past and doing nothing,… At least a Talk show to get the ball rolling…about at least a min of how their countries benefitted economically from the Slavery past and OWN it

1 Like

Presumably only white Americans are going to be forced to pay reparations. How’s that going to be managed?

Right so as an Asian American Immigrant am I racially exempt from these payments as I had no part in this nor did my family…or am I equally guilty or liable for the payments being an American Citizen. Also will black interracial families be given half payment? Im definitely agreeable for documented Corporations who benefitted giving some sort of payout. Or perhaps well known slave families that are wealthy

Other countries do have these conversations btw. But the “whatabout sososo” argument is the weakest one, especially when talking about slavery.

The divide between blacks and whites seems more visceral in the US as well. US hasnt OWNED slavery by making a netflix special

1 Like

So what monetary payouts did the UK and Dutch Govt and families of the British and Dutch East India companies end up paying the black, native, mestizo and Indian Slaves?
There are blacks, Indians, Pakistani who live in the UK who can trace their families to Slavery… what were their reparations?

Maybe the US can learn from that example.

#whataboutery

“Some mulatto”? I believe the White Power! thread is elsewhere.