The End of Western Civilization

And once again doing about your own history…own it pay the slaves also.
US is working on ours, what did the UK do? Where are the payments?

Exactly, not even an award winning HBO series.

Can you first tell me which amount was paid for former slave’s current families ? Otherwise I won’t deem it my time to watch. Id be curious IF reparations were paid…and applaud the UK if they did pay to black families

Ok, moving the goalposts now.

Youre talking nonsense now. I never set a goal post. I asked a simple question and you dodge every uncomfortable question. I looked up the Slave Compensation Act 1837 it looks like the UK compensated Slave Owners but never the Slaves…

So I ask again since youre telling people in the US as a non citizen to pay reparations, what did you end up paying as a UK citizen for your own country’s reparations?

Give me an amount. What did the UK govt withhold from your salary for Slave Reparations? Like I said Im not against reparations but I wouldn’t tell other countries to pay up if my country was just as guilty and I haven’t paid a cent

1 Like

And what about all the people who immigrated to the US after slavery? Should, say, the descendants of European Jews who fled the Holocaust be forced to pay reparations?

US has a problem with its legacy of slavery and the lack of social safety net and everything what happened post slavery makes it particularly prominent. African Americans are more of a clear underclass than anywhere else in the developed world. The US being such a rich and powerful country makes this particularly sad. The US benefitted a disproportionately from slavery and race relations in the US are worse than most other 1st world countries.

Its fucking shit and something should be done about it. Making a Netflix special isnt that thing.

Other countries also have a legacy of slavery and should make reparations, this is true and doesnt exonerate the US.

This is whataboutery

1 Like

Here we go again…back to the US only…Dodging your own Country’s Slave past.
US will work through US’s problems with Slavery people are on it.

dont be so fragile

UK has a problem with its legacy of slavery and the lack of social safety net and everything what happened post slavery makes it particularly prominent. Africans and Pakistani are more of a clear underclass than anywhere else in the developed world. The UK being such a rich and powerful country makes this particularly sad. The UK benefitted a disproportionately from slavery and race relations in the UK are worse than most other 1st world countries.

Dont be so Fragile and dodge all my questions

In one sentence you criticize “whatabout sososo” arguments, and in the next, you state that “the divide between blacks and whites seems more visceral in the US as well.” :roll_eyes:

From your comments, it’s my understanding that you’re not an American and you haven’t been living in the US. I’m not British and have never lived in the UK. So your perception of the divide between blacks and whites in the US is probably about as meaningful as my perception of the divide between blacks and whites in the UK.

1 Like

UK does have a social safety net. There is more social mobility in the UK. Its fucking abysmal to be black in America and just shit in the UK.

UK should improve as well, but US has a particuarly prominent problem and teary-eyed finger pointing and whataboutery wont change that. Neither will a Netflix special

They’re learning.

You guys are so sensitive. Yes UK has issues, admit it. I wont say we are better because of TV docu-dramas though.

We have all the structural racism problems that you do, you just have it worse. And because your system is so unfair, it amplifies it.

Yes its fucking shit and Im fine with you pointing out the UK’s faults.

meanwhile I said 3 times that I agree with some form of reparations in the US :joy:
and I simply asked how the UK addressed its own reparations and you reply by talking about how the US needs reparations

You said that the US OWNS its problems, so that makes it better than other countries. Fuck that noise

Where is the exact quote where I said the “US OWNS” its problems and “is a better country”? I said the US is working through its problems.

Here?

A general response to your post: Yes the Western civilization is pretty much finished. Here’s why, the West produced Marxism, single-handedly saved the Soviet Union, saved the Communist China, and finally just couldn’t resist destroying itself with the same Marxism. The West literally asked China to help itself commit suicide.

(You know how in samurai movies, when you do your Seppuku / Harakiri, there’s a guy you entrust to chop your head off after you cut open your bowel? That guy is China.

One likely scenario is US will undergo something similar to Venezuela, or South Africa.

Another likely scenario is that China will resume flooding the United States with fentanyl, methamphetamine, or other narcotics using your own USPS or Amazon delivery. Every DARPA project there will be 3 Chinese grad students that work for PLA. (5 other Chinese students are legitimately honest probably)

Nope, Im saying basically most countries are point at the US while ignoring their own Slave past. The US is openly discussing it and working on the issue as it should. Meanwhile people making comments about US slavery while their own country is largely silent and has taken little to no action on their own Slave past.

I also sought for examples of how the UK or Belgium or Spain better handled Slavery reparations for its own slave past so the US can learn from it…that doesnt sound anything like “US is better”