The expert thread

They’re the wrong experts, and they’ve gone wrong:

Rand Paul ain’t havin’ it.

1 Like

I don’t know how you can live here in Taiwan and claim medical grade face masks don’t work. 7 dead out of a population of 24 million in one of the most densely populated countries on earth. Last case of confirmed domestic transmission in April. Anyone who’s lived thru it understands that the Great Wall of surgical face masks worn here by 95% of the population for three months outlasted the coronavirus and now we’re virtually virus free.

Not everyone can handle the intricacies of causality.

https://towardsdatascience.com/an-introduction-to-multivariate-data-analysis-ece93ceb1ed3?gi=7e759777fb11

Now calm down.

Do you live here in Taiwan?

It just seems odd to me that a country with only 4% of the world’s population but the highest number of Covid-19 deaths on the planet is pontificating about what works and doesn’t work when controlling the pandemic. I guess that’s to be expected though when their ringleader is a world-class buffoon.

Hey, it’s not the whole country, or even most of it :slight_smile: Too much of it, yes.

Now they tell us…

Abnormality bias.

Shoot the ChiComs in the leg.

Non correlation equals non causation…

Masks dehumanize us

What a fucking girl’s blouse.

2 Likes

:rofl: A degree! The bare minimum of education! A degree!

This thing has more holes in it than Swiss Cheese!

That’s what this article sounds like.

1 Like

Fired:

Jones graduated cum laude from the S. I. Newhouse School of Public Communications and Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs at Syracuse University with dual degrees in Earth Science and Journalism in 2012. She received a dual master’s degree in geography and mass communication at Louisiana State University in 2014.[2]

Jones was also a graduate student in the Department of Geography at Florida State University from 2016 through 2018[13] where she completed course work with an emphasis on data science and was working on a doctoral dissertation titled “Using Native American Sitescapes to Extend the North American Paleotempestological Record through Coupled Remote Sensing and Climatological Analysis”.[6][14][13] According to Jones, her doctoral work is in progress.[2]

Hired:

The Miami Herald reports Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis has hired a sports blogger and part-time Uber driver with no experience in medical data as a data analyst in the state’s Office of Policy and Budget. Kyle Lamb may be from Columbus, Ohio, but he’s definitely got what it takes to be a Florida Man, and to be paid $40K a year for his services:

“Fact is, I’m not an ‘expert.’ I’m not a doctor, epidemiologist, virologist or scientist,” Lamb wrote on a website for a subscribers-only podcast he hosts about the coronavirus. “I also don’t need to be. Experts don’t have all the answers, and we’ve learned that the hard way.”