The (French) peasants are revolting

Macron’s trying to buy them off:

LOL

Somebody appears to have an extremely shaky grasp on exactly how taxation and handouts work. I wonder if this might be the root cause of the problem.

2 Likes

They are going to be rooting around in a drawer for a lot of spare change to pay for all this.
Still they are huge wins for the yellow vests. I’m sure other govts in Europe are taking note.

DID HE REALLY SAY THAT???

It can’t be, it has to be fake or a wrong translation. You all just be trolling me.

To be exact, the minimum wage will stay the same, but the “prime to employment” (prime d’activité) lower-class workers get from the government will rise by 80 euros, and the payroll tax will be waived, leading to a 20 euros rise in net salary. Total gain, 100 euros.

There’s a funny video on youtube somewhere of Jacob Rees-Mogg taking the piss out of the French understanding of how finance works.

I don`t think this 100 euro increase will quiet the discontent amongst the yellow folk. Despite being born in revolution, France is more monarchical than actual countries with monarchies. They just replaced the King with an unaccountable haute bourgeoisie. These yellow vests do not like liberalisations without opportunity. Thatcher provided both. Fillon would have (before he was royally clusterfucked by Paris Mandarins). The French are now realising a fraud and are mighty pissed. .:smile::smile:

oB0s8rF

Eh not only Europe.

2 Likes

won’t happen in the states

https://www.osha.gov/laws-regs/standardinterpretations/2002-03-11

"…employers have the choice of using a variety of reflectorized colors for these vests. Section 6E-3 (High Visibility Clothing) states in part:

For daytime work, the flagger’s vest, shirt, or jacket shall be orange, yellow, strong yellow green or fluorescent versions of these colors. For nighttime work, similar outside garments shall be retro reflective. The retro reflective material shall be orange, yellow, white, silver, strong yellow-green, or a fluorescent version of one of these colors and shall be visible at a minimum distance of 1,000 feet."