The garbage thing

Can someone help me out?

I just moved into an apartment in ShiLin with landlords that don’t speak English. This causes me a problem when it comes to garbage. I managed to figure out where to put it so that it’ll get collected, but I don’t know how to organize it. There’s three bins to put stuff in, plus another bin that’s usually full of garbage bags … I take it the latter one is regular garbage. But I don’t know how to sort the rest for recycling. Is it cans/bottles in one, compost in another … and on top of that I heard that Taipei has different rules than Taipei county.

See what I’m saying?

Since you’re looking for bin information and not garbage truck information, my posts are irrelevant. Here they are anyway:

The Taiwanese government has information that’s fairly up to date online. http://www.gov.tw/ENGLISH/

The garbage collection for Taipei city information starts here: http://www.taipei.gov.tw/English/discover_taipei/perbag.htm

http://www.epb.taipei.gov.tw/english/official/920507.doc

Because nobody has time to go to the scheduled garbage truck rounds, this link tells you where to go for fixed drop off stops.

[quote]Remarks:1. Household garbage collection program of TDEP is based on fixed-time, fixed-route, and

well you can do what i do when i can’t figure out how to do things. I manually check it, hehe :mrgreen:

Let’s take your case for example. If i was you, i’d open up the other cans and look at whats inside. That’ll give you an idea about what should and what shouldn’t be in there. :wink:

By the way, don’t get me wrong. I’m not trying to be a smart ass. I was merely explaining what i would have done if i were you :wink:

gross way of doing it, but the most sensible given the situation :wink:

“Let’s take your case for example. If I was you, I’d open up the other cans and look at whats inside. That’ll give you an idea about what should and what shouldn’t be in there.”

I thought of that, but it turns out that those bins are left there specifically for me, and then when I fill them up my landlord will get rid of them for me … so until I put something in them, they remain empty. No offense taken.

So make your own labels. Regular, metal, paper, plastic, etc. If the manager has a problem, then he or she will let you know.

[quote=“derajworrom”]I heard that Taipei has different rules than Taipei county.
[/quote]
The biggest difference between Taipei City and Taipei County is that if you’re living in the city, you’re required to use the official, light-blue city-issued garbage bags for regular household waste. You can pick them up at any convenience/grocery store. They come in various sizes depending on the amount of your refuse.

I don’t know what you are talking about and I too live in sunny Shihlin.
We go out to the pick-up spots on the street at the appointed time (listen for Fur Elise) and throw the trash (that has been put in the special, paid-for bags) into the garbage truck.
Certain days they collect cans and bottles which you just empty into their bags on a different truck, and some other day is for paper stuff. There is no confusion. So you must have some weird thing going on in the apartment.
Bottom line is that you must know someone who can speak the speak for you. How did you manage to rent a place where no one speaks English if you don’t speak Chinese?