The glorious Chinese space program

I didn’t buy one, and I didn’t get hit by space debris. I guess I was just really lucky.

China’s Tiangong-1 space lab re-entered the Earth’s atmosphere around 8.15 a.m. Monday (8.15 p.m. ET Sunday), China’s Manned Space Agency said.
Tiangong-1 fell into the middle of the South Pacific, the space agency said.

Man, what an anti-climax. The Chi-Coms can’t even do space junk right.

I’m just tickled that the CNN reporter is called Sol Han.

1 Like

Fake news, fake names…they got you covered!

Does a spacecraft crash in the ocean if nobody saw it?

Careful now, earthling… :shushing_face:

All planets of the solar federation, we have assumed control, we have assumed control.

If the CCP says it didn’t, then it didn’t. And it would be as well for you to say no more about it.

1 Like

A Journolist of the right? Man, that’s… dark.

It’s only wrong if the other side does it? If it weren’t for double standards, some people would have no standards at all.

So both sides are guilty? News on both sides is messed up? Can someone please tell Trump?

We’ve got fake news on one side and bottom-up censorship (essentially parroting our prez’s views on the other). What a grand time to be alive.

“China space agency says the out-of-control space lab Tiangong-1 which will plunge back to Earth in the coming days is unlikely to cause any damage, but will offer a ‘splendid’ show akin to a meteor shower”

This one is my favorite, adding a splendid BS to their piece of garbage!

If both sides are doing what works, and you don’t like it, then you’ve got a quarrel with the basic structure of human nature.

I used to know some cloyingly nice libertarian-conservatives who were horrified at Alinsky style tactics. They were all about being nice and reasoning with people who disagreed with them. They were also depressingly ineffective. I stopped talking to them after I realized they were a complete waste of time. I call them the Treacle Party.

I’d love to create a world where this sort of thing doesn’t work anymore, but it would probably require a robot revolution. In the meantime, people who refuse to do what works are pathetic, neurotic losers. The basic structure of the universe itself dooms them to failure.

Leftists only stop doing what works after they’re in power for a year or two, although they only ever do what works for themselves, anyway. Nicey-nice libertarian people might well do what works for the greater good if they’re in power, but that’ll never happen.

(There’s lots I don’t like about The Donald, but everyone else is no use at all. Have game or get lost.)

Blame everybody. Well, the vast majority of humanity, at any rate.

I’ve completely lost track of what the argument is over. Not the first time.

2 Likes

It’s a stunning intellectual critique of the Chinese space program.

It’s an implicit acknowledgement that the Chinese space program is boring.

They need to put a gongfei on the moon already.

1 Like

And if you’re still around when they do put a citizen on the moon, I’m sure you’ll turn around and whine about how useless the exercise was. :cactus:

I’m confused. In your ideal world, what you call Alinsky tactics wouldn’t work, so you’d populate the world with pathetic, neurotic losers who wouldn’t actually be pathetic under the circumstances? Or ignoring the people you call pathetic, neurotic losers wouldn’t work, so you’d be forced to spend time with them? :ponder:

Glad to know you’re still right at least once a day. :mantelpiece_clock: :wink:

Yeah. I’d still give them props, though.

It’s like pro sports. Useless, but impressive nonetheless.

When people realize that impressing others is “useless”, will the economy crash? @discobot fortune