The glorious Chinese space program

China’s Tiangong-1 space station ‘out of control’ and will crash to Earth
Chinese authorities confirm the eight-tonne ‘Heavenly Palace’ lab will re-enter the atmosphere sometime in 2017 with some parts likely to hit Earth.

"It’s a Bird…It’s a Plane…It’s the Chinese space station!’

-_____-’

1 Like

awesome… some second half of 2017 we get to see which country gets the lucky draw of being hit by an 8 ton space station. I read that they have lost communication with it since March. Didn’t they spend Tiangong-2 up there with 2 astronauts? Did the thing dock with Tiangong-1? Are they still up there? What’s going on?

In a related matter, does anyone remember the fall of the Skylab?

There was also MIR. However, in those cases the controllers on ground could still steer the space station to avoid hitting a city.

And given the transparency of information from the Chinese government, nobody will know until it is too late.

I remember seeing the Skylab news on the newspaper. :grandpa:

They probably spent a few months trying to figure out if there was a way to fix, followed by a period of:“Wait, is there a chance that if we don’t tell anyone then no one will ever notice?”. When they realised everything was completely fobar, they had to go public and admit their fuckup.

Surprised they’re not blaming someone else.

“ONE OF THE SCREWS WAS MADE IN KOREA/TAIWAN/MALAYSIA, WE’VE CLEARLY BEEN SABOTAGED” or something like that.

It’s clearly the Americans that are trying to keep China down.

Guy

They wouldn’t do anything really stupid, like blowing it up themselves, right?

You’re talking about the governement who constantly complains about the threat caused by Taiwan’s potential invasion of China, so nothing could ever surprise me.

Watch out for fireworks this weekend:

So much for the “once in a lifetime” experience. I have seen two!

It would be glorious to be crushed by space debris from the Heavenly Palace.

Cause of death: communist debris

No thanks

Just think of it as manna from Heavenly.

Does Ibby get a harem of grid girls in the next life if he gets killed by capitalist space debris? :ponder:

@discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: Better not tell you now

Ah, so the GE wants you to want to do it because it’s the right thing to do, not for the reward. :slight_smile: :rainbow:

I do! In the USA they were selling protective hats–the odds of getting hit by Skylab were already low, but the odds of getting hit while wearing one of these hats were, well, astronomical!

So then they worked, right?

2 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSVqLHghLpw

Like a charm!