The Good News Thread

Starting this thread as a way to post good news articles. Something to remind folks of the good in the world or just a place to spread it.

Kicking it off is:

Flight Attendant’s Sweet Note to Deaf Teen Flying Alone for the First Time Goes Viral

4 Likes

Just the need to help people

1 Like

Med student finds cure for his own disease

3 Likes

I really like this story.

4 Likes

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/final-message-from-boone-pickens-shared-before-his-passing-pickens/

we all gonna leave this world some day.
@shiadoa’s offered a good heartfelt SOP for how to handle/prepare for it mentally/emotionally :+1:

4 Likes

I think he makes some great observations although life is easier with wealth, you can’t take it with you , as they say . Whilst we may bicker about politics and life , I guess one realizes that, after family and friends , the good things you did to help others make you feel warm inside . Nobody will remember some old fart racing around in circles , but I hope I can try a bit harder to contribute somehow . Double whammy …the helper and the helped feel good :slightly_smiling_face:. Trouble is we tend to meander on with good intentions until it’s too late :pensive:. I’m working on a cunning plan :wink:. Oops those medications appear to be kicking in again :cold_sweat:

3 Likes

Grandpa Crochets Dolls With Conditions Like Vitiligo to Help Kids Feel Special

1 Like

I was hoping for something a bit more exciting :grinning: Maybe taking Pets to Hospitals to visit the very sick, or getting some western food to people in hospital . Those without family here …actually having seen what Grandma brings , probably those with families also :ponder:

The most Canadian thing ever

3 Likes

Not technically news, but a great story of extreme perseverance. Showed it to my daughter who is having a big cello competition tomorrow only after a year and a half or so of practice. She really liked it.

1 Like

What’s with your Google search engine and thumbs? You can post that, you know (in my Morgan Freeman voice):stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Need a bit more of dat recovering first :wink::smirk: missing too many nights out :pensive:

1 Like

Link’s not working…

A plumber fixed the boiler of a 91-year-old terminally ill woman

1 Like
2 Likes

Don’t know what happened. Tried to edit but same result. I think this site doesn’t like fb links.

2 Likes

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/national/higher-education/student-journalist-scores-big-scoop-in-trump-ukraine-story/2019/09/28/c6c9bca4-e24f-11e9-be7f-4cc85017c36f_story.html%3FoutputType%3Damp

Hurray for kid.

Follow up.

1 Like

hockey players have hearts, too

2 Likes