The GOP's House of Representatives Thread

:bell: :bell: :bell:

2 Likes

Maybe you should unmute the Durham Report Thread. :closed_book:

1 Like

You missed the second part.

I think I know why. :wink:

Now cue the Trump Putin bromance montage.

I prefer the reality montage where the DNC and Clinton campaign created a myth of Russian collusion and then dems in high office pushed the false narrative and it still didn’t stick. But let’s not talk about that, cuz Trump baaaaad. BTW, is it any better for Ukrainans in Ukraine right just now that Biden calls Putin a war criminal and evil? Or was Trump simply being disingenuously diplomatic by stroking Putin’s ego?

I’ll take a media bromance over promising to do more when re-elected, as Oblahblah did, saying, “Cut it out.” Then he let Russia take Crimea.

This goes here, I suppose.

Hmm, GOPers standing up to Trump is bad now? Wut?

Matt Gaetz should just become Tucker Carlson so Tucker can move on to the FOX anchor position.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2022/04/27/rep_gaetz_kevin_mccarthy_not_fit_for_leadership_defended_liz_cheney_over_trump.html

It would be too sad to try to pivot to that incredibly insipid backwash at this point. I guess it’s possible though!

After 4 years , it should be clear Trump couldn’t bring together allies to save his life.

I don’t see how you could possibly think Trump threatening to withhold aid from Ukraine to get evidence on his opponent, praising Putin, and shaming allies would’ve yielded a better result.

The reason Ukraine has the support of the US and most of the world is because of the leadership of this administration. As much as that pains you to admit. :wink:

Missing the point. I don’t think voters will. Trump’s constant flattering of Putin to this day won’t play well with dead civilians in the street.

I’d stick with culture wars if I were you.

They wouldn’t need to. Let the :tangerine: man hang himself.

I’m sure they will just ignore the fact that none of it has been demonstrated, yet they tried to shove it down everyone’s throats and subvert the election results for 4 years, and just let Trump try to hang himself. It didn’t work out so well last time however. They were lucky to get the pandemic or he’d never have lost by the hair he did.

1 Like

You don’t know that. Many millions more voted against him. The one thing you can rely on is Trump to fuck up anything good going his way. If only he would keep his mouth shut and off Twitter. Your “by a hair” is a bit of stretch.

Did they? Really.

Most Americans are of the opinion the 2020 elections were rigged.

We don’t decide elections by nationwide popular vote in US. He lost by less than 1% margins (if I remember right, or very close to it) in just 4 states, which would have swung it the other way.

Most Republicans are of the opinion the 2020 elections were rigged. (Maybe)

FIFY

There are countless sources/polls that show that to be utter BS.

Yeah if only he had just more votes…four separate times. One state maybe, not four. This was not Gore/Bush close. That election I’d describe as “by a hair”. Not this one.

It’s not much. And it was in the middle of a wildly mismanaged pandemic situation. Seems clear to me.

Hypotheticals might feel satisfying but they are only that. He fucked up the pandemic response. I’m sure he’d fuck something else up too.

I’m not sure I’m following you? There’s nothing satisfying about it for me for a start lol. The pandemic was uhh pretty major?

Yeah, that vaccine he got going was bullshit. I mean, it was so bad that we just shipped it out to the rest of the world after getting our shots first.

Not you per se. Many a Trump voter has taken solace in the economy was good before the pandemic and the “election was rigged”. They look like mental gymnastics to avoid the obvious.

Exactly the ‘got going’ distribution part was a total mess.
Not to mention the months before the vaccine: lack of any preparation, turning the pandemic response into a culture war issue encouraging people not to wear masks, holding rallies, lying about the severity etc. All around sending the wrong message.

But credit due for funding the development of the vaccine. Just stumbled, fell over in the beginning and ultimately failed to stick the landing.

I got my shots and everyone I know got theirs.

I’m an not allergic to “Culture War Messaging” nor is it a deadly disease. :idunno:

My guess is NY is not Trump country. I’ve got plenty of relatives who still refuse to get them and believed not wearing mask was a symbol of their patriotism.