The GOP's House of Representatives Thread

Oh for sure. The fact that these yahoos are closing in on Senate races is wild. The House I can understand.

It’s the same dynamic though, so why’s it wild? Many races are ALL about turnout. Take Georgia - ain’t nobody rational sitting on the face based on the candidates; if the actual person mattered, Walker would have 0 chance. but mix in the crazies, the crazy football fans, and the party line voters, and here we are, at a 50/50 race. Hell, look at how close Roy Moore came to winning in AL a few years ago, and even republicans thought the creepo accusations against him were credible.

I used to think the senate races were for the adults only, but not so much anymore. Not with far away money coming in. Hence my wild comment.

https://www.axios.com/2022/10/04/lauren-boebert-tied-democrat-midterm-poll?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=news_tab

Ha ha. Time to reject this loon.

Thread title changed to reflect the 2022 midterm erection.

I read it as “my (whackjob parent’s) tax dollars are paying your (public school teacher’s) salary and therefore I am entitled to know whatever the heck I want to know about you”. We all know that’s what they actually want to use it for, digging up dirt on teachers the way you dig up dirt about politicians.

Hershel Walker should be sunk, because he paid for his girlfriend’s abortion and tried to kill his wife, but “pro-life” types don’t actually care about abortion, they just want to shit on women (including those women who want to preen themselves for crapping on other women)
Orher than that, Dems probably keep the Senate, and Reps pick up the House. It’s close enough to swing either way.

You and your sniveling intellectual broad stroke biases.

Walker shouldn’t win because he has no place in politics, zero leadership skills. All that other shit is you projecting.

Four weeks out.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?519094-1/senate-republican-leaders-hold-news-conference

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) and leadership colleagues spoke to reporters following their weekly conference luncheon. Leader McConnell said any new COVID-19 relief “ought to be paid for.”

*Biden budget: 14% increase in domestic spending
*Ukraine: goal is victory/ Biden is weak, "Pulls his punches. " Something about Polish MIGS??

*Biden Budget: concerning. Inflation bad. Biden wants tax increases. IRS 18% increase. 4% increase in defense.
*Border Crisis: Biden ignoring it. DHS going it alone. End Title 42 bad. Repeal would create a massive humanitarian catastrophe.

*Crime in cities: Biden out of touch with American people and with reality. ha

*Energy/Climate (smart piecing that together like that) Biden marches to the tune of the Global Climate Elite of some such thing.
Europe getting oil from enemies. Biden is taxing American oil and energy

• Biden speech: I’ll help Europe, send LNG, doesn’t know where it will come from.
    *Need to produce more oil, stop being obstructive/ allow constructions for terminals for LNG /stop vilifying people (sniff sniff donate donate) Big oil will lower your energy costs, especially in the western US ( wink wink nudge nudge)

*Ukraine: Putin weakened; generals killed, 10k troops killed, nearly what they lost in ten years in Afghanistan: “The mothers know" the real numbers. (Ouch. That’s a slash. )Need to give them what they when they neeed, stop being so picky (hawkish GOP returns? Not on Trump’s watch)

*Ukraine need lethal aid, and also an audit. (Who’s hogging the trough?) Biden should provide his strategy, what weapons etc. Sounds like an audit.) GOP wants to be helpful. Sher

*debt: 30 trillion. rising inflation. 2.5 trillion in tax increases; 16% increase in population. (Wow, that last one made me pause. WTF? 16% increase in population (census data is in) and the sign he was holding reads: spending (on what exactly) over last 20 years increased 310%. (Wow. That is shot with a cannonball across the bow) He’s talking “Budget” but that last one was “Border” top to bottom.

Then some Q&A at the end. Mitch hasn’t spoken to Biden since the inaugural. (That’s on Biden. 100%. The silent presidency.)

That’s about it. Read about this stuff in the news for the next four weeks I bet.

It’s interesting what did NOT come up.

*Hershel Walker. Abortion. Wokism. Gender-stuff. Hunter Biden. Trump or any talk of a return to Trumpian ways and means. Covid, save that Mitch wants all new free shots to be paid for. (At least be useful with your grift. I’m with Mitch on this one…) Shots are tangible and help and when they don’t help enough, stop handing them out.

Specifics are out. Ignore them if you want, but that’s the horse’s mouths rolling it out to you.

Insert horse’s arse joke. :racehorse:

So HW had a growing glob of cells removed from a woman, an act which dems fully, full throatily support. Warnock works for a church that evicts poor people, gonna go out on a limb and say poor black people primarily, for missing $30 bucks in rent.

Race is neck and neck.

I hear this is the most watched evening news show in America.

I hear media influences voting.

Do I hear a red wave coming?

3 posts were split to a new topic: From midterms

Good. I’m glad. Elise cannot be the female reference point of the GOP. Yeesh

https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/3700015-house-republican-on-potential-biden-impeachment-i-am-not-interested-in-playing-tit-for-tat/

That is something that would have to be investigated,” Mace responded. “I am not interested in playing tit for tat. I am not interested in retaliation. Impeachment has been weaponized over the years, and we’ve seen that.”

Mace’s response came days after Stefanik indicated Republicans could move to impeach Biden over the business dealings of his son Hunter Biden and the White House’s reported request for Saudi Arabia and its oil-exporting allies to delay a production cut.

Stefanik jumps right to the base. She’s an empty suit.

A lot (not all) of the GOP candidates want to cut off aid to Ukraine. That’s a bit disturbing. Praying that kind of redneck-baiting won’t prevail.

1 Like

Link it up. I don’t pay much mind to the lesser rabble rousers.

Say that one more time? In English please?

Can you link that so that I know what and whom you’re referring to, please.