The GOP's House of Representatives Thread

true. But he’s a senator, not a rep. :wink:

He is that. god bless his minions. :crazy_face:

I can start a LG is a Worm Prick Thread, but I didn’t want to presume anyone would want to talk for or about him. :face_vomiting:

He fits in with the other GOP stoopidity of recent times, so this thread will have to do.

Looks like a win, I guess.

Whistleblower show is on.

Wow. Some red meat in that room.

Hageman is a loon. Jesus. Talking about the eye of Sauron. :runaway:

It’s already a farce. Questioning hasn’t even begun an hour in.

For Democrats no tax is too high, no debt too great, and no spending too much because they won’t be paying the bill; their children and grandchildren will.

Interest on national debt:

2 Likes

Stopping worrying. The new shovels come out next week. They dig up.

I’m not worried. I’m ashamed that we’re saddling our kids and grandkids with unsustainable debt so we can live the good life.

Showtime!

Let’s see if McCarthy can hold all the strings and make Biden dance.

I recall when a deal similar to this was done when Obama and Harry Reid fucked over the GOP led by Boehner. I believe 2012 the government went on a break. Biden is more than willing I think to fuck over MCCarthy. He’s done it before and is thinking a year ahead to his 2024 erection.

Discretionary spending increased by 5.1% in 2018 and increased again by 6% in 2019. That was when the GOP controlled the Senate, the House and the Executive branch. So the GOP’s artificially created debt limit crises really isn’t about trying to cut spending at all.

A bill to raise the debt limit and cap government spending passed in the House by a wide margin late Wednesday, sending the bill to the Senate just days before Monday’s U.S. default deadline.

The old debt limit was $31.381 trillion. Just for fun, does anyone know what the new “debt limit” is?

No limit for a couple of years if I am reading it right.

That’s right. It’s all smoke and mirrors. The sky’s the limit until January 2025 when a new Congress takes office.

1 Like

The US should stop playing games and just eliminate its “debt limit” now that it’s entering its hyper debt phase in which the national debt will need to increase by 20 trillion dollars in the next ten years just to keep pace.

So what’s it really about? Bringing sexy back?

ANyway, despite forumosa’s best saying what they say:

The bill, called the Fiscal Responsibility Act, would suspend the debt ceiling through Jan. 1, 2025, putting off the next battle over the borrowing limit until after the presidential election. The deal trims some discretionary spending next fiscal year and imposes a 1% spending cap for fiscal 2025, but doesn’t touch big parts of the budget including Social Security and Medicare. It also has provisions to speed up energy projects and impose new requirements for food assistance.
The legislation would reduce government deficits by about $1.5 trillion over a decade compared with the baseline forecast, according to the Congressional Budget Office.

The “debt ceiling” of $31.381 trillion was breached long ago like it didn’t even exist and the national debt is now almost $31.9 trillion dollars and counting:

https://www.usdebtclock.org/#

Now that the sky’s the limit on the national debt it’s anyone’s guess what it’s going to be in January, 2025.

A good place to start would be to hire IRS employees to assist taxpayers and collect the $500 billion annually in unpaid taxes. But the GOP isn’t going to let that happen.

Let’s see what they can do with that:

Well, social liberalism didn’t really include guys in dresses in the ladies bathroom until a few years ago. Have to give the conservatives time to adjust to that, as they tuck their junk into their new Target swimwear, to the right of course.

How much does the president lurve his son? I think we’re gonna see.

When is sentencing day?

“Can he win that election? Yeah he can … the question is, is he the strongest to win the election, I don’t know that answer,” McCarthy said on CNBC, in response to a question on if Trump could win the general election and if it was good for the Republican Party if he was the nominee. “Can anybody beat Biden? Yeah, anybody can beat Biden. Can beat Biden other people? Yes, Biden can beat 'em.”

Backbone of a squid.