The Great Reset

Ah, I see what you mean. And I agree. A lot of commentators have made the same observation. Although I’d suggest Democracy has gone from being an illusion to an unfunny joke.

But the world has always been like that, even back when there were far fewer people on the planet. We still fought with our neighbours over this particular prime piece of real estate even though there was enough room to share, or an identical piece right down the road that nobody wanted. A surprising number of the world’s current problems boil down to inadequate ways of resolving disputes over usifruct. There’s more than enough stuff to go around if people would treat resources with a bit of respect and not waste them. I’m not sure that, just because nobody’s discovered it yet, there isn’t a benign way of getting that to happen.

In other news, I just came across this in my YouTube feed. These are the kind of imbeciles who are talking about “net zero”. They do not even have the most basic knowledge to get a handle on what the problem is, which means they’re on a religious crusade to solve a problem that’s almost entirely in their own imaginations. FWIW I thought the answer was “0.03%”. Apparently it has gone up a bit …

1 Like

Unfortunately it’s now post capitalism!

Even democracy is shaking!

As the dollar weakens the global economy will only become less orderly and more mayhem!

1 Like

Imagine that.

1 Like

You mean homophobes who disown gays, or members of religions who leave the flock?

1 Like

Citation needed. Did they move to the suburbs? Temporarily move because of fear of covid? Work at home for same reason?

Hmm- sounds like a cattle company wanted to crowd as many cows as they could, and cheaped out on safety measures.
But I’m sure it was Soros-funded vegan eco-terrorists who wanted to make us all eat bugs.

Yes. Those would be idiotic reasons to disown a loved one, anyone encoraging that is definately malevolent. :grinning:

1 Like

The most plausible explanation for an explosion of that magnitude is explosives. Yes, a methane atmosphere will ignite at a certain concentration if there is an ignition source. But reaching that concentration would be pretty damn difficult even with “overcrowding”. And what you get is a self-limiting deflagration (a subsonic flame front that will stop after a certain distance) unless you have a very high gas concentration. A deflagration will cause serious injury and damage, but not complete devastation.

A cow produces about 10L of methane per hour, so to reach explosion concentration (~15%) within 3 hours (this was, apparently, a milking shed?) you’d need to have each cow confined into a sealed airspace of ~0.2 cubic meters. Given the size of a cow, that quite obviously is not physically possible - the cows would suffocate long before any explosion could occur. Methane is less dense than air so tends to dissipate readily. It’s not impossible for cow-methane to cause fires, but achieving something other than a low-concentration deflagration would require an extraordinary combination of factors to drop into place.

That braindead word salad from the Sheriff tells you all you need to know here.

1 Like

I think it was the incessant questioning of people seeking confirmation bias.

And that there Mac-hine you used to post can also find your citation.

The new left seems to bring up this Nazi collaborator as point scoring or something.
I could say they think the Open Society Foundation are saints. But they probably have no idea what he does and has done.
If there are people sabotaging food processing plants and factory farms for corporate fascism, it won’t be blue haired useful idiots, it would be hired trained operatives who know what they are doing.

You mean the bugs, right?

Those who frequent the humbug thread will know Professor Norman Fenton.
Here he looks at net-zero:

He also got interviewed:

Interesting:
Data sharing, sorry data protection, and Taiwan are involved.

From Australia:

Electronic thermometers may read up to 0.7 degrees higher than glass ones.

Sometime in the mid-1990s the Australian Bureau of Meteorology replaced many of their glass thermometers with electronic sensors. They claimed they were carefully verified to match the slow way the old glass thermometers worked — after all, we wouldn’t want to use gizmos that recorded new all-time Hottest Ever Records that were actually just one-second gusts of hot air, would we? Our newspapers would be full of meaningless headlines about how Climate Change made us hotter than ever in history, when really it was just a mistaken effect of a new type of thermometer. Imagine that disaster of public policy…

Of course this question is so easily solved. The BoM just needed to keep the two thermometers side by side in the same boxes and record all that data. Then they could release it, showing how well the electronic gadgets mimicked the glass thermometers, and Australians everywhere would feel confident that BoM was the sterling agency they thought it was. Instead Skeptics have been asking for comparison data for nine years and the BoM has refused, hedged, asked exorbitant fees, destroyed data and when the FOI requests came — fought them tooth and nail to stop Australians from seeing what their thermometers recorded.

https://joannenova.com.au/2023/04/is-climate-change-really-caused-by-electronic-thermometers-the-bom-dont-want-australians-to-see-the-data/

Some big developments re China’s CBDCs. Article outlines a variety of ways and means the digital yuan is infiltrating society.

Good news:

Oh dear.

1 Like

The Irish government are a nasty bunch of work. Just a coincidence, a load of western so-called democracies (as well as the EU) are trying to bring in new laws to police the serfs even more:
https://twitter.com/freespeechire/status/1651278472671535105?s=12

Amendment from by @pb4p to include the UN Convention on Human Rights protections on Free Speech within the Hate Speech bill, has been defeated. As well as one to excise the section allowing for the prosecution of individuals possessing offensive material without communicating it

The police would be able to forcibly enter your home and seize computers / devices if you are just suspected of having content the state deems to be “hate speech” even if you haven’t communicated it online.
No doubt they will be back with some amendments - which always happens. They will ask for D and get C or B, which is what they wanted all along.

1 Like

Mercedes Wants Buyers to Subscribe for More Horsepower.

1 Like

xD

Isn’t all of this so fucked up?