The "Ignore" Function

Ask me anything. No one so far in this thread is on my ignore list.

I don’t know. I have him on “ignore”.

3 Likes

You just broke the rule!

1 Like

Goddamnit!

1 Like

He can’t ignore me so he didn’t break the rule.

1 Like

There are levels to ignoring.

1 Like

I go in for the traditional time-honored modes of ignoring too! But I feel honor-bound to abstain from using the fancy site function.

1 Like

It’s a minor issue, but I don’t really approve of the ignore function. You can’t walk into a pub and ignore the loud guy who says things you don’t like, you just have to deal with it.

Some people are dicks, some bigger than others.

4 Likes

That’s part of what makes this fun for me.

1 Like

True, but some of the obvious ways of dealing with that would break site rules.

The most obvious way to deal with it would be to ignore the post. It’s difficult, but I think it’s a good skill to develop. I’m getting better at it.

2 Likes

I do that quite a lot :slight_smile:

1 Like

I can only imagine what it’s like for you.

I long, long ago decided that nothing I do on the Internet will be allowed to cause me stress or be less than entertaining. I don’t have a problem keeping to that, I find!

4 Likes

Where’s the button to put everyone on ignore? :bear:

1 Like

look for this one…

8 Likes

As much as I enjoy debating against people as you all know. There are a few people that I’ve decided that’s not worth my time since they’re clearly not open to ideas outside their own and don’t argue in good faith. Or the ones that keeps misinterpreting what people say even after they cleared it up multiple time. Or just people who ride on their moral high horse.

This isn’t about me not wanting to engage or listen to people with different ideas, I really do, I think that’s clear for those of you who’ve seen me around. I just don’t want to listen to certain people that are just a waste of my time.

To be blunt. I think a lot of these people are losers. Especially those ones who are a bit to obsessed with a single thread section. My time is more and more valuable with things to do. I choose to not even read anything these people write. And tbh, it brings me a bit of joy knowing they probably wrote a long rant reply that I will never read.

I enjoy my time here and just try to get some enjoyment out of it and even help people. I feel like some people take things to seriously. No one cares, it’s something I’ve had to remind myself a few times.

8 Likes

Yes, better let it go

4 Likes

See, that guy just needs the Ignore function.

1 Like

I’ve never ignored anyone. I prefer to see what shit they’re speaking about me.

2 Likes