The Impeachment Inquiry and other DOJ Investigations of Filthy Joe Biden Thread

Taibbi on Newsmax? I feel like he’s just trolling the left-wing media now. Which, I mean, fair enough.

So what? Does his message change from channel to channel? God forbid MT stray from his designated container! :laughing:

Btw testing that you go right over the message into a perception that he’s trolling. Why is that?

Oh, because I expect we don’t disagree at all about the message. I’m Team Taibbi, as should be clear by now. And I’ve already heard everything he has to say about this from his own podcast.

I just think it’s kinda funny that the left will interpret this as further “evidence” that he’s now a right-wing lunatic. I wonder if he’s been on Newsmax in the past.

Then that’s the left’s problemo.

Why shouldn’t he put his message out on major right-wing networks and reach that audience if he can? Don’t understand this one either. MSNBC would only have him to smear him.

The Wapo covered it, and guess what? They say it’s a nothingburger! Shocking stuff

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2023/04/21/hunter-biden-laptop-jim-jordan/

1 Like

Sure, I have no problem with him doing it, and I agree about MSNBC. I guess I just think of Newsmax as being kind of fringe and crazy – perhaps I haven’t been paying enough attention.

It’s ultra MAGA, but it’s within the basic norms of US politics as far as I know. Pretty sure they have a large audience.

Not to mention by the way, he was recently roasted by a panel of Dem congresspeople, just about everyone else Dem-aligned on Twitter, and Mehdi on MSNBC, and a Dem fake congresswoman just threatened him with jail over a minor error in his testimony, all for his journalism. I don’t think he’s too inclined to care if anyone doesn’t like it, at the moment

4 Likes

Well, sort of within the norms of US politics, in terms of right wing nut jobs being normalized. Their audience is around 100k people (this came out in the flap with DirecTV dropping them rather than paying them carriage fees to carry them).

That’s more fringe than I thought. What’s the other one, All-American News or something

You mean OAN?

Here’s more on the whistler blower, from the dem side.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2023/04/23/sen_chris_coons_irs_whistleblower_should_have_the_chance_to_be_given_protected_status.html

2 Likes

I think I might have been confusing NewsMax with OAN, now that you mention it.

1 Like

House Oversight & Accountability Committee Chairman James Comer admitted in an interview with CNN that the committee he leads has yet to find any criminal activity on behalf of President Joe Biden’s family.
CNN host Pamela Brown asked Mr Comer in an interview whether he had learned if Mr Biden had conducted any potential criminal activity when he was in office.
“Well, we’ve found a lot that’s certainly unethical, we’ve found a lot that should be illegal, though the line is blurry as to what is legal with respect to family influence-peddling,” he said in response.

IOTW, no.

“I think people in both parties have argued for many years that family members of both Republicans and Democrats – especially family members of presidents – have benefited from our adversaries around the world.”

Don Jr., Ivanka, Jared…

Where’s the link? I doubt your cherry picked quote is all he said.

The suspicious bank activity stuff is very interesting, as is the “Biden” who had money sent without a first name attached to his or her bank account.

OK, look, the glaringly obvious and quite old news has come to the surface, sigh, in Vanity Fair

https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.vanityfair.com%2Fnews%2F2023%2F04%2Ffederal-prosecutors-are-considering-four-charges-against-hunter-biden

The potential tax crimes include two misdemeanor counts for failing to file taxes and one felony count of tax evasion related to a business expense, and one possible felony charge for allegedly lying on a federal form related to a 2018 gun purchase in Delaware, according to NBC News.

The investigation into President Joe Biden’s son began in 2018 regarding his international business ties, but more recently evolved to focus on his taxes and the gun purchase. The Washington Post actually reported on the charges in October, which makes sense, as two senior law enforcement sources told NBC News that the FBI was experiencing “growing frustration" because it had completed the majority of the work on the case a year ago. Similarly, the outlet reported that a senior law enforcement source said the IRS also finished its inquiry over a year ago.

If the whistleblower sits for committee I will skip work.

I wonder if there’s anything about this that screams protection racket vs prosecutorial discretion, other than what side of the aisle one falls on. :smiley:

There was an article about Biden’s “made men” that suggested the former.

1 Like

Was just looking at that, Jonathon Turley. Will give it a read latter, but apt comparison, I’ve thought of that myself.

2 Likes

Despite Biden saying that he’s boring and old, he’s a shark, and he’s been one for years. He’s been doing “Clintons” twice as long as they have. Delaware is a haven for shell companies, and Joe has been way too close with bankers for decades. Of course, he put gatestoppers in place.

Nobody fucks with a Biden. Let’s fuck around and find out.1945 agrees: something is up.

That Hunter Biden Heads to Jail Moment Could Happen (msn.com)

Last week, it was revealed that, shortly before the 2020 election, Joe Biden’s presidential campaign conspired with 51 former spies to discredit the New York Post ’s discoveries from Hunter Biden’s laptop. The same Biden team that continually harps on about the threat from ‘disinformation’ has been now caught red-handed – in cahoots with the ‘deep state’ no less – spreading disinformation about one of the biggest stories of the 2020 election. The ‘laptop from hell’ contained emails suggesting that Joe Biden had been embroiled in his son’s dubious overseas business dealings.

The documents in the FBI’s possession include specific details with respect to conversations by non-government individuals relevant to potential criminal conduct by Hunter Biden. These documents also indicate that Joe Biden was aware of Hunter Biden’s business arrangements and may have been involved in some of them.

Yet, here is where we really are:

Yet Garland and Wray remain silent. If it weren’t for Grassley’s various letters and floor statements, Americans would know little about the FBI’s political favoritism and the “get out of jail free card” they seem to be handing out to Hunter Biden at every opportunity.
But now that we know that evidence, likely including a confidential human source, was buried under the guise that it was Russian disinformation, will anything change?
Sadly, for all of Grassley’s efforts to expose the scandal, the last seven years suggest not.