The Imperial Pint: Taoyuan's first British Micropub!

Bummer

Another bar serving 250NT beers. It always shocks me how much more alcohol costs in Taiwan compared to the US when the retail costs are so low.

That’s why many of us have our own tap systems at home. Beer kegs work out a lot cheaper than bottles.

1 Like

Hi guys, thanks for all the belated feedback! Yes The Imperial Pint was a great place and we had a fantastic three year run, I was pleased most of all with the fact that we really were a local pub and we introduced some Great British beer and Great British beer culture to Pingzhen/Zhongli.

In the end I was ultimately faced with a choice - spend more and more time making my pub even better, or spend the same amount of time with my young children - for me the choice was clear and easy to make.

As for beer prices, we sold only what we imported ourselves from the UK, so naturally our prices were higher than I would ideally have liked - over the years we did work it down as we got better at it, and in the end we got draught pints down to $160 - not bad at all if you ask me! But do keep that in mind when you buy craft beer in Taiwan - its all low volume import, so don’t expect anything too cheap!

9 Likes

That’s incredible, that would have been a lot of work.