The internet is not America but

[quote]Our elected representatives let us down again…

It’s no joke. Last Thursday, President Bush signed into law a prohibition on posting annoying Web messages or sending annoying e-mail messages without disclosing your true identity.[/quote]

Site here.

Does anyone know more about this?

So as Forumosa is hosted in US (?), annoying posters have to reveal their identity from now on.

Not me of course

So as Forumosa is hosted in US, annoying posters have to reveal their identity from now on.

Not me of course

[quote=“bob_honest”]So as Forumosa is hosted in US, annoying posters have to reveal their identity from now on.

Not me of course[/quote]

Does that include those damn double posters?? :fume:

DummiesUnderground and Kos Kids must be shitting pineapples over this… :rainbow:

I don’t really foresee this crap actually causing much trouble.
I believe that the “freedom to be a dumbass on the internet” precedent has already been established.

Adjust tinfoil headgear accordingly.

um…anybody seen posts from Specter or the Bush Twins?..I’d like to rat out the annoying Mofo’s.

Chou

[quote=“jdsmith”][quote=“bob_honest”]So as Forumosa is hosted in US, annoying posters have to reveal their identity from now on.

Not me of course[/quote]

Does that include those damn double posters?? :fume:[/quote]

But I will reveal my identitiy only for the second post!

Wait a minute… here is my ARC …damned cannot read all that … my wife says it sounds like pigfoot in Chinese …

// gimme a pigfoot and a bottle of beer, and I am in my gear…

[quote=“Matchstick_man”][quote]Our elected representatives let us down again…

It’s no joke. Last Thursday, President Bush signed into law a prohibition on posting annoying Web messages or sending annoying e-mail messages without disclosing your true identity.[/quote]

Site here.

Does anyone know more about this?[/quote]

That is truly stupid. Here’s some of the key text of the law.

Fortunately, it will be struck down by the federal courts as overly vague, ambiguous and unconstitutional (not to mention largely unenforceable), but it’s too bad our elected leaders are dumb enough to waste their time on such stupidity and the courts will be forced to respond to it.

So what are you saying? Is there no acid legal test for deterining “intent to annoy?” Fred Smith and Broonale are headed for the big house. :laughing:

[url=http://www.thenation.com/doc/20060213/chester]
The End of the Internet?

The nation’s largest telephone and cable companies are crafting an alarming set of strategies that would transform the free, open and nondiscriminatory Internet of today to a privately run and branded service that would charge a fee for virtually everything we do online.[/url]