The IPO Thread 2020-2021

The pops you see right after IPO are driven by the investment banks that underwrite an IPO. They support the stock price for a couple of months before they start selling and the price starts dropping.

I promise I’m not trying to throw cold water on anyone considering Airbnb…

Airbnb’s IPO Warning: Unhappy Neighbors Are Fighting Back https://www.wsj.com/articles/airbnbs-ipo-warning-unhappy-neighbors-are-fighting-back-11607533225

But this aspect really concerns me long term.

That’s exactly what my investment broker told me. So, fuck it. I’m in. And hopefully, he says, close to the opening price.

I don’t see it as a long term play. But I’m willing to give it a spin as long as Limit T-STOP at 10-15% is locked in.

Yeah…or get totally skunked. Jesus, what an opening.

:crazy_face:

I actually wanted to follow their IPO a bit but kind of forgot about it yesterday. “Seems bubbly”.

1 Like

So how did ABNB fly? Wow they started at like 140 not 60 as initially predicted…

They flew.
Airbnb now will have to justify their lofty validation long-term.
And doordash is going to wipe out a lot of ‘investors’.

Coinbase Global, Inc. today announced that it has confidentially submitted a draft registration statement on Form S-1 with the Securities and Exchange Commission (the “SEC”). The Form S-1 is expected to become effective after the SEC completes its review process, subject to market and other conditions.

https://blog.coinbase.com/coinbase-announces-confidential-submission-of-draft-registration-statement-b140a9dfc9f5

For those of us not just ready to speculate in digital currency, I give you a digital currency trading platform.

MP got mentioned on Cramer the other day and popped another 15% yesterday.

My second to last SPAC IPO is coming alive.

LGVW with the full support of some rich white lady is spiking today. Go get 'em Robinhooders!

And just to dance a bit. MP, which was the FVAC SPAC has simply gone vertical.

I bought in in stages and I’m up
248% on the initial bite
193% on the second chomp
and
205% on the big old Blutto.

:banana:

1 Like

what happened on Nov. 19?

Dunno. I imagine they announced the acquisition target.

1 Like

So WKHS has been a bit quiet. That may change:

CINCINNATI, Jan. 04, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) – Workhorse Group Inc. (Nasdaq: WKHS ) (“Workhorse ” or “the Company” ) , an American technology company focused on providing sustainable and cost-effective drone-integrated electric vehicles to the last-mile delivery sector, today announced that it has received a purchase order for 6,320 C-Series all-electric delivery vehicles from Pride Group Enterprises (“Pride”), a premier Canadian and U.S. based, privately held company with businesses in transportation equipment retail, wholesale, rental, leasing and logistics. The order is split between Workhorse’s C-1000 and C-650 models and is subject to various production and delivery conditions.

LGVW and NOVS are my remaining not yet eaten their prey SPACS.

NOVS up 11% yesterday, and stockholders will vote YES soon.

So, I set more T-Stops today.

Put NOVS at 5% and it must have dropped and then recovered. Ha. Lesson learned! But profits gained and taken.

1 Like

New ones that caught my eye.

WOOF…Petco

RBLX…Roblox

and anyone seeing NKLA claw its way back?

Spoke to a friend of mine in the business last night. He referred me to this article:

And then he told me how drones flown over the work site show NKLA moving dirt piles from one side of the pace to the other than back again. So,

He likes Rivian though… :ponder: :ponder: :wall:

1 Like

President Mumble was just on live TV five miniutes b4 closing to say that the federal government is going to shift to an American made EV fleet. I ran to my account. WKHS was already up 5% on a shit day. I bought 2k more. Up 5% in aftermarket.

This morning’s news:

Biden Says Entire Federal Fleet Will Be Replaced With Electric Vehicles — Workhorse, Lordstown Surge

1:05 am ET January 26, 2021 (Benzinga) Print

President Joe Biden said Monday that the entire U.S. federal fleet of vehicles would be replaced by EVs made in the United States.

What Happened: “The federal government also owns an enormous fleet of vehicles, which we’re going to replace with clean electric vehicles made right here in America, by American workers,” said Biden.

Pres. Biden: "The federal government also owns an enormous fleet of vehicles, which we’re going to replace with clean electric vehicles made right here in America, by American workers."https://t.co/figJbDMrpt pic.twitter.com/racgwk9VGw

— ABC News Live (@ABCNewsLive) January 25, 2021

American manufacturers of EVs include Tesla Inc (NASDAQ: TSLA), Lordstown Motors Corp (NASDAQ: RIDE), and Amazon.com Inc (NASDAQ: AMZN)-backed Rivian among others.

See Also: Why Goldman Sachs Is Bullish On Lordstown Motors

The president gave no timeline for the move and did not indicate which vehicles would be replaced first.

Why It Matters: “This would be the largest mobilization of public investment and procurement, infrastructure and R&D since World War 2,” said Biden.

The U.S. fleet is made up of 645,000 vehicles which include 245,000 civilian vehicles, 173,000 military vehicles, and 225,000 post office vehicles, according to the Federal Fleet Report, as cited by Electrek.

U.S. Post Office vehicles are said to be due to fo replacement and the government has been running bids to replace them.

Workhorse Group Inc (NASDAQ: WKHS), a company that plans to offer delivery vans, has bid for the contracts but the process is stalled.

The company’s stock surged 7.4% in the after-hours session to $26.54 and after closing 5.1% higher at $24.71 on Monday.

Barron’s on Coinbase’s IPO…or direct listing now, which is good for moi.

Coinbase Global said Thursday it would go public using a direct listing instead of a traditional initial public offering.

Coinbase did not disclose when it expects to launch the initial public offering or how much it would seek to raise. In December, the San Francisco-based company said it had filed confidentially with the Securities and Exchange Commission for an IPO. At the time, It didn’t reveal how it would tap the public equity markets. Coinbase declined to comment.

Direct listings, which are different from traditional IPOs, aim to level the playing field for investors and give companies another path to going public. In December, the SEC approved a rule change from the New York Stock Exchange to allow direct floor listings. Companies that use direct floor listings sell new shares and raise fresh capital in a single large transaction directly on the exchange without underwriters. This is different from traditional IPOs where companies sell shares to investors the night before the IPO.

The IPO is slated to come during a rousing time for new issues. January is on track to be the biggest opening month for new stocks in over 20 years.

Coinbase is the latest company to opt for a direct listing instead of a traditional IPO. Roblox, the gaming platform, said earlier this month it would use a direct listing to go public. Palantir Technologies (ticker: PLTR) and Asana (ASAN) both used the method to go public during the fall of 2020. Slack Technologies (WORK) went public using a direct listing in April 2019, while Spotify Technology (SPOT) also used the method in 2018.

Founded in 2012, Coinbase is the largest U.S. cryptocurrency exchange with more than 43 million verified users in more than 100 countries. It employs over 1,200 people. Its online platform allows users to buy, sell, transfer and store digital currency. The company has raised $537.4 million in funding, according to Crunchbase. Its last round, which raised $300 million in 2018, valued Coinbase at $8 billion. Investors include Andreessen Horowitz, Tiger Global, IVP, and Ribbit Capital.

WKHS is up another 11%.

On actual news:
Workhorse Group Inc. reportedly received an order for about 6,320 C-Series all-electric delivery vehicles from Pride Group Enterprises, a premier Canadian and U.S. based. Check disclaimer in the landing page. For now, these other companies that appear to be revolutionizing the way medical issues are being treated globally. Looks like these markets caught your interest! Be sure to have fun while reading it here: https://b.link/PotentialBillionWorthGreenLeafMainstream