The JD Vance Thread

He ain’t wrong. Trillions and new taxes to pay for them and now we have inflation. Yep. And we knew it in 2020 when they doing it the first time. And the second time, and the third…fourth…and then when we gave money out to illegal and undocumented folks. Yep yep yep

I’ve also just spent two days in Atlanta. The senate race are vicious.

1 Like

Been seeing some political ads in sports telecasts. They’re unbelievable. I saw a week or two ago Walker and Warnock had already spent 70 million each. That’s a lot of democracy.

1 Like

Speaking of…JD Vance says the GOP needs to rake in more money a la the Dems.

I heard today over 7 billion was spent on the whole cycle. Easy to see what a big difference it made, eh?

Half of it was printed last year, so inflation nation.

1 Like

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2023/03/07/jd_vance_to_federal_reserve_chair_powell_does_the_dollars_reserve_currency_status_have_downsides_costs.html

Vance is keeping busy.

Lawmakers are asking how examiners at the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, which was in charge of supervising SVB, failed to spot signs of trouble that later sparked a run by its depositors. They note that the issues were readily visible on SVB’s public financial statements, and drew attention from short-sellers months before. Making the optics worse: SVB’s CEO sat on the San Francisco Fed’s board until Friday.

“The San Francisco Fed had all the tools necessary to prevent the collapse from happening,” Tennessee Republican Sen. Bill Hagerty tweeted Tuesday. “From an oversight standpoint, we need to understand why the SF Fed wasn’t utilizing all these tools at its disposal.”

Hagerty was one of several GOP members of the Senate Banking Committee who criticized the regulator on Tuesday. A spokesman for North Carolina Sen. Thom Tillis told Semafor “it appears the San Francisco Fed was asleep at the helm.” Ohio Sen. J.D. Vance told Fox: “I don’t know why they didn’t see this coming … this is their job, to see impending bank failures within their portfolio.”

JD looking good here.