The meaning of sexual purity

Yea, but often countries that harshly criminalize adultery often punishes women far more than men.

We’re also not in the 20th century BC, so we got contraceptives.

Fact is sexual purity might have made a lot of sense back then, but they don’t anymore.

Since it made sense since the dawn of time until quite recently, that is the reason it still is a thing and a concern. And a preference.

I am pretty sure you know that cuckus children are still a thing and probaly the numbers are higher than one would imagine. That is not a desirable state either.
From a social perspective, it is not beneficial that people sleep with many different partners and produce and spread diseases and unstable families. This is not a controversial point. Just logic.

1 Like

Fact is, forcing it is just oppression. You will note more religious regions in the US tends to have higher teen pregnancies. Places that take sexual purity to the extreme often have poor rights for women… wonder why.

Usually woman in the US have same rights as men, I would assume.
So not much oppression there.
I am not sure if you talk about mormons or some christian cults or something.

“But because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God’s wrath, when his righteous judgment will be revealed. God “will repay each person according to what they have done.” To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life. But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger. There will be trouble and distress for every human being who does evil: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile; but glory, honor and peace for everyone who does good: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. For God does not show favoritism.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭2‬:‭5‬-‭11‬ ‭NIV‬‬

In other words, no logic, Bible says it so, and so it shall be so.

I take it you’re religious.

In some states, sex education is basically abstinence, and they don’t work. Contraceptives are often hard to get. Essentially, unwanted pregnancies is punishment for not following God’s law.

It’s backwards as hell and goes against “love thy neighbor”.

1 Like

No, I am not.

Thats all not oppression, like you stated.

They basically do, what I said earlier. Maybe is not working, like intended, but the motive is actually not difficult to recongize.

It’s where harm reduction comes in. Contraceptives, protection, and all that.

But religious people hate that. They want consequences.

Well, most actions HAVE consequences. Its not about wanting them. Its about how to deal with them.

1 Like

It’s why sex education exists. It’s how to manage and reduce harm and consequences. Conservatives and religious people don’t want that. They want people to remain ignorant except that it’s bad, don’t do it.

Sex education exists to teach people what their body is doing, and how to avoid consequences.

Are you “Sure as hell” , as you say ?

A lot of the support for sexual purity in early Christianity was from women. Pagan practices often led to men being enabled to exploit sex with slaves, prostitutes, and other social inferiors- both men and women.

1 Like

why presumably that?

Gotta give it to people that keep justifying being wrong :slight_smile: A for effort :roll_eyes:

Jesus the sequel, will be happening soon. There’s been an increase of people with visions and dreams where Jesus specifically told the person that He was returning soon and to warn people.

“ ‘In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams. Even on my servants, both men and women, I will pour out my Spirit in those days, and they will prophesy. I will show wonders in the heavens above and signs on the earth below, blood and fire and billows of smoke. The sun will be turned to darkness and the moon to blood before the coming of the great and glorious day of the Lord. And everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.’”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭2‬:‭17‬-‭21‬ ‭NIV‬‬

There’s still time. But when Jesus returns, time’s up. Please consider.

1 Like

Catholics don’t necessarily believe that you must become christian or all is lost. In fact it’s not talked about a whole lot.

1 Like

Absolutely agree. Churches are seeing numbers up again. Depending on denominations.

Conflates two things that are not necessarily connected.
Just as an example :smile: I have slept with a fair number of different partners (not since I got married, I hasten to add, in case my wife sees this), but not produced(?) nor spread any diseases, nor produced any unstable families (three happy healthy children after marriage).

Christians in US
1960: 93%
2021: 63%
Christians in UK:
2001: 71%
2021: 46%

There are a growing number of Christians in Africa- not increasing as fast as Muslims- but that is because African countries are poor and have high birth rates.

That’s a terrible comparison apart from the bit about Africa . I did not even mention the US or UK. World wide there is a massive increase.

And it is atheists that are shrinking not Christians.
“Simultaneously, atheism, which once saw a peak around 1970 with 165 million adherents, is on the decline. The current growth trend for atheism is -0.12 percent, with their number falling from 147 million in 2020 to 146 million in 2024.”