The meaning of sexual purity

So you forgot what the crusades is about? Kill them, because they’re Muslims.

Because I still believe in and worship God, and I know his character is nothing like what these group says he is. I refuse to accept a world that came about by random chance, because if that’s the case, what’s the point of living?

I don’t like religious people, but I still believe in God.

Catholics have at least become more reasonable, even if I don’t always agree with their position, but they’re willing to investigate and not stick to “final and literal” interpretations.

1 Like

Wasn’t that just new(er) humans translating things differently and controlling new groups of humams that hadnt yet been controlled? It was, after all, humans writing the thing. Without any evidence. And still collecting taxes on people and trying to convert people and trying to brain wash people into thinking they are damned for not being obedient etc etc. Doesn’t seem super loving, just, or even genuine to be honest.

This is the basics of Christ’s teachings. No?

There was a parable…something about not casting a stone.

Christians seem to be casting plenty of stones over stuff like sexual orientation.

That level of honesty I can respect. I don’t agree, but I totally get it. And, even as an atheist that thinks the whole narrative is complete rubbish, I’m agnostic enough to also know that’s the best way forward. Being controlled is the worst way about it. Be it religions(cults), family, governments etc. We need freedom to think and evolve.

On your catholic point…umm, nah. They are still full retard in terms of logic and ethics. As a group, I’m not calling out the individuals.

No. Its all about the atonement which changed everything for everyone…if you believe in it.
More than kind of a big deal. Ha.

A human wrote something along those lines, yes. But then many other humans wrote a bunch of other things as well. All under the same umbrella corporation.

I told my priest about how in the US evangelicals often send gay people to “ex gay” ministries where they try to “fix” their gayness, and he was horrified at the thought of it.

Maybe they read a different book or had a different brain washer?

Honestly prostitution should be legal but regulated everywhere. Religious prohibition against prostitution is what causes a lot of the misery associated with forced prostitution and human trafficking (though most of that is actually for labor, not sex).

There’s absolutely no reason for sexual purity at all.

Agreed, at least not in that religious construct. It has caused untold pain and suffering. But messengers of God are guilty of rape. Gay rape. And raping children. So there is some work to do before they start judging others for having loving relationships that go against their oppressive rule.

Posted in the other wrong thread.

Acts 15.27

"27 Therefore we are sending Judas and Silas to confirm by word of mouth what we are writing. 28 It seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us not to burden you with anything beyond the following requirements: 29 You are to abstain from food sacrificed to idols, from blood, from the meat of strangled animals and from sexual immorality. You will do well to avoid these things.

Farewell."

Then Corinthians 6:18

“18 Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a person commits are outside the body, but whoever sins sexually, sins against their own body.”

2 Likes

1 Timothy 1:8-11** We know that the law is good if one uses it properly. We also know that the law is made not for the righteous but for lawbreakers and rebels, the ungodly and sinful, the unholy and irreligious, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers, for the sexually immoral, for those practicing homosexuality, for slave traders and liars and perjurers—and for whatever else is contrary to the sound doctrine that conforms to the gospel concerning the glory of the blessed God, which he entrusted to me.

1 Like

I’m married, so I can refrain from sexual immorality, but in Taiwan I have not abstained from meat from animals that have not been slaughtered in a kosher manner, I have eaten food from sacrifices to idols at temple ceremonies, and I’m still gonna eat those little chewy squares of duck blood.

1 Like

Point is nobody could ever follow those laws, which is why we need grace. Something evangelicals don’t seem to know the meaning of.

They’re certainly not going to treat foreigners well (which is something the old testament requires)

It’s fine as Timothy 1 Ch 4 verse 3. Overides the old Jewish law in regards to food.

“Such people teach that it is wrong to marry and to eat certain foods. But God created those foods to be eaten, after a prayer of thanks, by those who are believers and have come to know the truth.”

So basically Christians say a prayer before eating and then eat.

Wow. If that is all true, I had no idea they were:

#1. vegans! All animal flesh has fat.

#2. Don’t touch other humans. Most things are “unclean”. You, me, our partners and basically everything not straight from a sterile lab.

#3. Interested in why. Not a fan myself…but, is that a prblem?

#4. Guess the entire world is going to hell. Incluslding the religious folks not paying their workers.

#5. Forests, polyculture, basic efficient agriculture that doesn’t literally erode soil and kill the environment…yikes!!! Well, everything has seeds of different species. So I guess all plant food sources not from a lab are also banned? This directly contradicts point #1.

#6. Tattoos. OK. Not sure but whatever. Art not cool, got it.

#7. :rofl: :joy: :sweat_smile: :innocent:

I agree this should be more enforced. Haven’t seen a place do it yet though :frowning: we probably deserve a hell for how we treat each other.

#8. If not fair trade, not sure how people acquire lands for temple’s, mosques, churches etc. Interestingly they also often avoid taxes and being part of the community financially. If anything, they take taxes. Greed and capitalism at work. Tisk tisk.

#9. Par for the course. They don’t only profit off it, they charge people a tax. As #8. Hypocrisy at best.

#10. Guess death and inefficiency is better than gainers, efficient and ethical. ?

Anyway, you posted this as a joke. And it is a joke. Take what’s good and ethical. Do t accept the fat, as they said :joy:

To keep this absolutely on topic these are the sexual purity laws of the old testament. Also observed by Islam.
Leviticus 18
“‘Do not take your wife’s sister as a rival wife and have sexual relations with her while your wife is living.

19 “‘Do not approach a woman to have sexual relations during the uncleanness of her monthly period.

20 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your neighbor’s wife and defile yourself with her.

21 “‘Do not give any of your children to be sacrificed to Molek, for you must not profane the name of your God. I am the Lord.

22 “‘Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable.

23 “‘Do not have sexual relations with an animal and defile yourself with it. A woman must not present herself to an animal to have sexual relations with it; that is a perversion."

These mosaic laws concern their idea of morality and apply to Christians. Other laws in Leviticus regarding ritual and dietry laws do not.
Now why not have some input from other religions such as Buddhism. The mind baffles that anyone who wants to do these activities would choose or stay in Christianity why not just move to another religion or be non religious , then as long as it’s not illegal you are free to do what you wish. (If legal) Maybe Wicker or theistic Satanism. Or just a hedonist.

If being christian depends on keeping those sexual purity laws, including not being gay, then I guess we will all burn in hell.