The Morgue 2005 (II)

Certainly not the only person to notice, but quite possibily the only person to find it [u]interesting[/u]. :wink:

OOC

Certainly not the only person to notice, but quite possibily the only person to find it [u]interesting[/u]. :wink:
[/quote]
One of the giants of football, a legend who was legendary for drinking as well, dies on the same day that the pubs can be open later. That’s not only interesting, but ironic, and perhaps even tragic!

[/quote]
One of the giants of football, a legend who was legendary for drinking as well, dies on the same day that the pubs can be open later. That’s not only interesting, but ironic, and perhaps even tragic![/quote]

Interesting? Ironic? Tragic?!?

If this keeps up we’ll be seeing a bust of Best in Wesminster Abbey!

OOC

[/quote]
One of the giants of football, a legend who was legendary for drinking as well, dies on the same day that the pubs can be open later. That’s not only interesting, but ironic, and perhaps even tragic![/quote]

Interesting? Ironic? Tragic?!?

If this keeps up we’ll be seeing a bust of Best in Wesminster Abbey!
[/quote]
A bust of Best would boost the beasts who bossed blokes the like of Best in there, that’s for sure.

Count me in as foolish.

Alcoholism is a disease, not a hobby.

George Best is considered one of the very best football (soccer) players ever. Even Pele considers him to be the best. He was so exceptionally good that he became the first sports player (in Ireland and the UK at least) to become a major celebrity. The constant hounding of the media and loss of privacy was a major factor in his turning to the booze, as he did not have a problem before stardom.

R.I.P. George Best.

Well, despite his drinking problem, I have a lot of respect for the footballing talents of George Best, and I for one am sad to see him go. He was one of the very few GOOD things to come out of my neighbourhood. Oh, don’t get me wrong, my neighbourhood has been responsible for a lot of news over the years, but most of it has been bad.

However in the middle of all the troubles, this guy amazed people the world over with his playing skills. He became a superstar and he did what many superstars did, which was to give into the temptation that was around him.

He’s not a legend for his drinking problem, he’s a legend for his footballing talents. He entertained, inspired and gave hope to millions. He died and a lot of people mourn his passing. R.I.P. Geordie.

Nguyen Tuong Van, executed in Singapore. One writer on the Internet put my feelings very well.

[u]Story Link[/u]

Greg Angelo wrote:

OOC

And while I agree, to a degree, with that quote, I still have to say - hanging? Hanging? What is this, the 19th fucking century? That’s just fucking evil.

RICHARD PRYOR.

Former U.S. senator and presidential candidate Eugene McCarthy has died in Washington at the age of 89. Mr. McCarthy helped to crystallize American opposition to the war in Vietnam in the late 1960’s.

[u]VOA Obit[/u]

OOC

To spin off of my favorite Richard Pryor joke:
“Damn! Now I’ve gotta go out and fine me a new funny little man.”

[quote]Comedian Richard Pryor dies

Groundbreaking American comedian and actor Richard Pryor has died of a heart attack at the age of 65.

Widely considered to have been one of the most influential comedians in the United States, Pryor broke many barriers for African Americans in the business during his heyday in the 1960s and 1970s.

He had been battling multiple sclerosis since 1986 and the debilitating disease forced him to quit performing in 1997. In 2004, it was revealed that he could no longer speak because of the illness.

Born in Peoria, Ill., in December 1940, Pryor had a grandmother who owned a string of brothels and his mother was a prostitute.

He was renowned as a gifted storyteller known for his blunt, often raunchy examinations of race and modern life.

He used vulgarities as well as racial epithets in his desire to reflect real life.

“You can do anything you want and you can say anything that comes to mind, just so long as it’s funny,” said Pryor.
[…]
In 1998, Pryor won the inaugural Mark Twain Prize for American Humor from the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts. Among other kudos, in 2004, the television network Comedy Central voted him the top standup comedian of all time. [/quote]

No longer not dead yet, motherfucker. :frowning:

Thanks for all the laughs Richard. RIP MFer!!! :bravo: :bravo:

RIP, Richard. You were a very funny guy.

Possibly no-one cares but me, but:

RIP John Spencer. A little too much like Leo.

cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/TV/12/1 … index.html

[quote=“daasgrrl”]Possibly no-one cares but me, but:

RIP John Spencer. A little too much like Leo.

CNN.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/TV/12/1 … index.html[/quote]

May god rest his soul. A DAMMED FINE ACTOR! :beer:

This whole morgue is freaking me out. I never thought these people could ACTUALLY DIE. I want to wake up tomorrow morning and walk to the shower and find every single favourite pub that closed, and every single actor or singer that have died in there. And Bono looking young again.
We see all these wonderful people dying, and why don’t we walk the street every day screaming and weeping?
"Pray now baby, pray your life was just a dream
The world in my hands, there

twonavels, are you sure you want to meet these dead people in your shower? :astonished:

Hey, it worked for Pamela.
If I can’t have them all I might just settle for River Phoenix and Kurt Cobain.

I was watching something where they showed some of my favorite celebrities like Paul Simon, Paul McCartney, Paul Newman…well, not just Pauls, but they all looked so terribly old. And they are. But it’s still so sad. I still can’t get over Dudley Moore’s, Shel Silverstein’s, Mr. Rogers’s, or Jim Henson’s deaths. Those guys defined my childhood memories. :cry: