The Morgue 2005 (II)

I’m waiting for Connery to croak but I wouldn’t like to see it. What a character.

“I am tha lasht one!”

American character actor Vincent Schiavelli has died of a heart attack, in Sicily.

Woops, LA Times says it was lung cancer instead.

Australia’s media mogul, billionaire Kerry Packer has left the office AT 68!

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=75275

His family have done loads for Aussie sport, in particular the televising of test match cricket and the creation of World Series cricket.

Onya!

[quote]NEW YORK (AP) – Michael Vale, the actor best known for his portrayal of a sleepy-eyed Dunkin’ Donuts baker who said “Time to make the doughnuts,” has died. He was 83.

Vale died Saturday in New York City of complications from diabetes, according to son-in law Rick Reil.

Vale’s long-running character, “Fred the Baker,” for the doughnut maker’s ad campaign lasted 15 years until he retired in 1997.[/quote]

A piece of pop culture.

Good work :bravo: :bravo:

[quote=“jdsmith”][quote]NEW YORK (AP) – Michael Vale, the actor best known for his portrayal of a sleepy-eyed Dunkin’ Donuts baker who said “Time to make the doughnuts,” has died. He was 83.

Vale died Saturday in New York City of complications from diabetes, according to son-in law Rick Reil.

Vale’s long-running character, “Fred the Baker,” for the doughnut maker’s ad campaign lasted 15 years until he retired in 1997.[/quote]

A piece of pop culture.

Good work :bravo: :bravo:[/quote]
Good bye, Master Baker. Sad indeed.

On Packer . . . did you know that after he collapsed with a heart attack and one of very few then Sydney ambulances armed with a defibriulator brought him back, he went out and bought as many defibs as the ambulance service needed? The ambulance drivers called them “Packer whackers.”

During that heart attack his heart stopped for around seven minutes. Afterwards he reportedly boasted: “I’ve been to the other side. And let me tell you son, there’s fucking nothing there.”

Brian Morse. Rest in pieces.

coloradoan.com/apps/pbcs.dll … 00319/1002
Wood chipper victim ID’d
Man who died was tree service company owner
By SARA REED
SaraReed@coloradoan.com

The man who died Wednesday after getting pulled into a wood chipper was the owner of the tree service company working at the west Loveland residence where the incident occurred.

Brian Morse, 54, was declared dead at the scene, at a home in the 2300 block of Fountain Drive, after his glove became stuck in the wood chipper and pulled him in.

The Larimer County Coroner’s Office identified Morse, owner of Brian’s Tree Trimming & Removal Service, using fingerprints. The cause of death was listed as “total morselization.”