The Morgue 2020

Josie’s on a vacation far away…

The 80s… :+1:

That old sexist commercial is hilarious! My my have things changed in terms of marketing to women.

I offer up the 1997, Mountain Dew commercial which focused on marketing to women and girls.

Tab might be dead, but Mountain Dew is still here and for the next generation! Do the Dew!

Lemon = Squirt

FIFY. (My first FIFY. I still think it’s stupid.)

2 Likes

I don’t buy it. Go poke him in the ribs…hard…with a bent spoon.

Someone should hire a medium to ask him if he’s really dead.

1 Like

Peter Popoff would be the man for that job. If he can’t hear Petey, James is in trouble.

1 Like

“Popoff says God tells him these things,” Mr. Randi told U.S. News & World Report in 2002. “Maybe he does. But I didn’t realize God used a frequency of 39.17 megahertz and had a voice exactly like Elizabeth Popoff’s.”

:rofl:

3 Likes
1 Like

Were any of you in Taiwan when this commercial aired?

JJ Williams has crossed the tryline for the final time and joined the lineout eternal. I would provide a link but my phone is rubbish.

1 Like

I clicked the start of the video and the missus just happened to walk by, stopped to watch it, and say, “Oh I know her. She died. When I was young…”

2 Likes

Bobby Ball

Saw him play in ‘77. First rugby match attended. Athletic Park.

Was it that one?

EDIT: No, that was Christchurch.

I actually served as Bennett’s ball boy during a training session on that tour. Stood behind the sticks as he was practicing his kicking.

4 Likes

I saw him play in 1974 at Boet Erasmus Stadium, in the match dubbed “the most violent in rugby history”. When WJ McBride shouted “99”, the whole team plowed into the Springboks, the reason being that the ref couldn’t possibly send them all off. That was a bloodbath!

It was violent in other ways, too. Our entire junior school went down in school uniforms. One of the kids, a British immigrant, was shouting for the Lions. Our maths teacher, a really raw dutchman, turned around and punched the eleven year-old squarely in the mouth.

2 Likes

Get your retaliation in first.

1 Like