The Morgue 2020

just watched this a few days ago, what a masterpiece. they really were canada’s treasure. i knew he had health problems, but i didn’t know he had brain cancer. sad to see another legend go…

1 Like

a little before my time but quite an interesting biography. i think she was born a generation too early. many of her issues did just come up to the public recently.

1 Like

saw Rush in concert in high school, blown away.
i only read a month ago that the band couldn’t tour, because long-term injury or stress on Neil’s hands (or at least what they put out for the media. actually was brain cancer). One of the greatest drummers AND songwriters.

4 Likes

Aren’t you glad to have to? :wink: I never heard of Rush but it’s always nice when good memories are shared when someone passes.

1 Like

Damn, bish, you need to get cultured! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Just watch up to 11:28. After that it’s all I Love You, Man.)

1 Like

I haven’t experienced what felt like was a punch to the gut more from any musician’s death than I did yesterday (Fri in North America) when it was announced Rush drummer and writer Neil Peart died of brain cancer. No musician/lyricist has meant more to me personally than The Professor as he was affectionately called. 67 is way too young. So sad.

3 Likes
1 Like
3 Likes
1 Like

Terry Jones has gone.

4 Likes

:cry:

1 Like

I’ve been trying to figure out which sketch he wrote and/or acted in to post and I’m at a loss. There are just too many that are outstanding.

2 Likes

One of the better ones he co-wrote with Michael Palin

2 Likes
2 Likes

My favorite scene. I always qoute it to myself when reminded

1 Like

It’s horrible to outlive your child. I can’t imagine the pain she endured.

1 Like

Wow, this slipped under my radar.

I missed this, too. God, I can’t wait until American news media gets its issues sorted out so I can go back to reading a newspaper. I’ll happily settle for digital.

Have you watched any Get Smart episodes lately? It’s still very funny imo.

Steeling myself for when Mel Brooks checks out.

1 Like