The Morgue 2020

If he had more self-discipline he could have played that game for a living for a lot longer and fucked more models and had even more fun.

1 Like

Should have went with weed instead of the Bolivian marching powder.

This has been quite a shock for me. I never expected the man to live a long life, but 60 is shocking. For those who weren’t young when watching him in his prime you won’t understand.

The two goals he scored against England in '86 were both the results of terrible referee decisions. Even so, they are both mesmerising. Watch him leap above Shilton - yeah he was cheating but what he did was something else. The other goal was out of this world. We forgive him the obvious off the ball foul the ref missed.

England would have won in '86, but history has him winning it single handedly. Both are correct.

3 Likes

Sounds like an MGMT song! :crazy_face:

1 Like

:sob:

May he ride eternal, shiny and chrome

3 Likes

Immortan Joe is no longer immortan… :cry:

1 Like

That’s a shame. He was 68 when he played that role? Wow.

1 Like
2 Likes

This is sad. :cry:

Lockdowns take a toll on mental health.

1 Like

Very very sad. Jewel was blunt in her words to Tony, I’m sure hoping to jar him into stepping back and seeing clearly where he was headed. Wow, this quote:

"You will not hack sleep and you will not outsmart nature.” She added that he risked crossing the line “from eccentric to madness.”

1 Like

Another case of money and success not being everything. He seems well liked by all and had many people who would come to his aid.

Life is hard. We need more kindness and understanding. Especially true these days.

I remember when Mother Theresa died and there was little reaction. When Princess Diana died 2 weeks later on a date with a billionaire the world had a stroke.

1 Like

The majority of death is sad to be sure. However, it is more surprising–and thus newsworthy–when death comes unexpectedly at a young age (Princess Diana at age 36 due to a car accident) than when the circumstances are more ‘natural’ (Mother Teresa at age 87 due to cardiac arrest).

As for Tony Hsieh, famous people like him will naturally receive more worldwide attention than your relatively unknown neighbor who passes away under similar circumstances.

Not going to get into it here, but as it’s further examined Mother Theresa’s legacy is more and more mixed. She was not as saintly as many assume.

7 Likes

I can imagine that “lockdowns” would have a terrible effect on hyperactive people like Hsieh; something comparable to putting Mr Average in solitary confinement.

1 Like

Was Mama T too old for people to care… or too young? :thinking:

(They also profiled someone who died just shy of her 103rd birthday a few weeks ago, but I can’t find it now.)

1 Like

5 Likes
1 Like